11 | DON'T MAKE IT WEIRD

ADYEN

     When I woke up, I was lying in a bed that wasn't my own. I blinked frowning a bit as my eyes flickered from corner to corner in the foreign room. It was plain, and a bit bigger than the one I had on campus. My eyes when wide when my memory supplied context to what I was doing in the cream walled minimalist styled room. I sat up, understanding that this must be Len's room. I could hear a buzz from behind the door. When I strained my ears enough, I was able to make out three voices.

     "Why are you telling us this now?" A voice, deeper than Len's said.

     I heard a sigh. "It just happened. We'll have to roll with it."

     "How much does he know?" a calmer voice but in between the too.

     "How much doesn't he know?" The deeper voice from before said.

     There was a bit of silence and then a firm suggestion. "You should contact Georgiou for this."

     In a way, it felt like I was some captive a bunch of kidnappers was deciding what to do with. I got up from the bed, walking over to the door before pressing my ear against the thin wood. Their voices had become quieter, or they had moved a bit further because all I could hear were quiet whispers.

     With some thought, I decided it was okay to step outside. I turned the doorknob, pushing the door open before sticking out my head. It felt a bit hot in the living room/kitchen, and I wasn't sure why.

     When I didn't see anyone I stepped out, standing in the middle of the living room as I wondered what to do. My head turned towards the main door when it creaked open.

     "Shut up. He—" Len stopped talking when he spotted me staring at him. He stood still, and I watched as two boys walked into the apartment from behind him.

     "You're awake..." Len trailed, and I nodded looking at both his friends. One of them gave me a friendly wave, and the other smiled a little at me. I mirrored his expression before looking back at Len.

     "Yeah," I said, frowning a bit, not expecting the dryness of my throat. "What time is it?" I asked, looking towards the only window in the living room.