"Look, Chaeeun!" said Nunbyeol suddenly, pointing at the cave in the middle of the forest. It was covered by plants, so I was barely able to see it. But Nunbyeol's eyes were really sharp, thanks to her Neanthal genes. She peeked inside, checking if there weren't any wild animals. It looked like the cave was empty.

We came in, sitting on the cold cave's floor, hugging tightly each other to warm up. I sighed silently, putting my head on her shoulder.

"You should have ripped my heart too and bury it with Mugwang's" I whispered.

"What are you talking about, sister!" she grabbed tighter my body. I felt empty. I was like an empty vessel, without emotions. I touched my chest, checking if my heart was still there, because I felt nothing. "Why you pity him so much? Why you liked such a brutal warrior?" she asked. I didn't know how to answer. I didn't like violence and cruelty, but I knew well who Mugwang was. He was brutal, rude and arrogant... But I was able to see something more that other people didn't want to see. He had a charming smile and really beautiful and shiny eyes. His laugh was so adorable and always made me laugh as well. When he smiled I could see his cute dimple in his cheek. Sometimes he said something inappropriate, but he could be charming if he only wanted to. Yes, I liked him.

A single tear raced down my cheek so I wiped it quickly. But it was past. I will never hear his laugh again. Keeping him in memory was hard, because I missed him so much.

"You are the purest girl I know. How it's possible that a girl with the biggest heart liked such a heartless monster?" asked Nunbyeol silently. I smiled through the tears.

"My big heart was enough to fill his empty chest" I whispered, biting my trembling lips.

"I'm so sorry, Chaeeun" she sighed. I just wanted to forget so badly about that day. About Mugwang. And about my feelings.

***

I couldn't sleep. The crescent moon showed on the night sky, reminding that day. I looked at my fingers. They were small and tiny. I grabbed my chest as if I wanted to rip off my own heart. But my heart wasn't beating anymore. Why it supposed to beat?

I heard a sudden noise. Someone was there, hiding into the darkness. I looked around, but I didn't have Nunbyeol's eyes. I was barely able to see trees around me. Maybe it was a lonely wolf? But a wolf wouldn't be that loud. What was it, then? A bear? I stood up quickly, bumping into the big tree. I didn't have a weapon so I couldn't protect myself. I decided to wait.

Loud steps were really close. I hold my breath, realising that wasn't an animal, but a human. A man. A hooded man. Maybe he was a pervert? I had to protect my sister! She was sleeping in the cave.

I froze, hearing a silent hissing. My heart was about to explode. I have heard that sound before, but I had no idea where.

I saw a sword in stranger's hand so I covered my mouth immediately. I had no chance to escape. The sun was about to rise so I couldn't even hide anymore, disappearing into the darkness. He turned around slowly, looking at me as if he knew well where I was standing.

"N-no..." I mumbled, making a step back. I stumbled and fell, trembling because of the fear. But... Stranger didn't move. He didn't want to attack me, but why?

I have seen this silhouette before. It was really familiar. I frowned, standing up slowly. My heart started racing in my chest for no reason. Was it an excitement? But I wasn't a girl like that! Why my body didn't want to listen to me?

"Chaeeun?"

That voice. My eyes opened widely. I heard really well that soft voice.

My legs moved without my permission and my arms wrapped tightly around hooded man's neck. That wasn't a stranger.

"Mugwang!" I cried, not believing my eyes. I hugged him strongly.

"No! Don't touch me..." he grabbed my arms and pushed me away really painfully. I fell with a silent moan.

"You are alive..."

"Don't move! Don't touch me!" he said angrily. I ignored him, coming closer anyway. He wanted to push me away again, but this time I grabbed his shirt stronger.

"Chaeeun? Chaeeun!" I heard Nunbyeol's voice. Mugwang saw her immediately, clenching his fists.

"You little bitch! I will kill you!" he growled. I tried to stop him, but he was much stronger. What if Nunbyeol rip off his heart again?! I will not stand it...

"Don't hurt him!" I said, trying to calm my racing heart. They both were angry at each other. I didn't want them to get hurt.

"I will rip off your heart again! Don't touch my sister, monster!"

"Shut up, bitch!" he hissed. Nunbyeol clenched her small fist, hitting strongly Mugwang's face. I screamed, covering my mouth by both hands. She could kill him!

"No! Nunbyeol, stop! You both stop!" I said, trying to separate them. It was harder than I thought, because they both acted like small kids.

I grabbed Mugwang's face, wanting to check if he was all right. The sun rose and time slowed down at the same time. I was able to see clearly his face. I touched his blue lips, seeing the blood... The blue blood. His eyes were shiny, but blue as well.

"You are..."

"Don't touch me!" he pushed me away. Nunbyeol catched me immediately, growling at him.

"Are you injured? Let me see your wounds... " I said, trying to come closer.

"I don't want you to touch such a disgusting Neanthal" he whispered. I frowned, not understanding his words. Being Neanthal wasn't disgusting. I didn't know how it was possible to turn into Neanthal but it wasn't important as long as he was alive.

"You returned..." I said silently, raising my hand to touch his cheek.

"Are you deaf, stupid bitch? I said something! I don't want you to touch a filthy Neanthal... " he said angrily, not controling his trembling voice. I shook my head, touching softly his face. Mugwang grabbed my hands, wanting to pull them away, but I didn't let him do it. His eyes were even more shiny. A single tear raced down his cheek so I wiped it by my thumb, smiling gently.

"Neanthals are beautiful" I whispered. He shook his head.

"Are you crazy?" he asked. Mugwang made few steps back.

Rays of sunshine touched softly his cheeks. He needed to close his eyes, because of the brightness. His skin was shining, matching perfectly with the blue colour of his lips. He was alive. He returned. I didn't care at all that he was a Neanthal. I felt such a relief, knowing that Mugwang was there.

"Don't touch me, by your pure hands. I'm a disgusting Neanthal, so stop staring at me like this!" he hissed angrily.

"I said already. Neanthals are beautiful, so you are" I sighed.

"It's all that stupid bitch Tanya's fault! She cursed me, slutty wench..." he mumbled.

"Shut up! You're talking about our Niruha!" Nunbyeol said, clenching her fists. I grabbed immediately her shoulder to stop her. I didn't want them to fight again.

"Bitch Niruha! Fucking savage!"

"Watch your mouth!" Nunbyeol grabbed the shirt on his chest. I didn't want her to hurt him, so I stood between them. Mugwang was about to hit my sister, but be hesitated, seeing me there. When our eyes met, I was able to see clearly all emotions he was trying to hide. He was scared. The fearless Daekan warrior was scared. That was why I wanted to help him so badly.

"Go with us" I said.

"What?!" Nunbyeol and Mugwang asked at the same time, being really confused by my words. But I was serious. Mugwang was alone.

"No, I don't want you to go with two gross Neanthals!" he said. I was already tired of it. I grabbed his hand strongly.

"Mugwang, are you deaf? I said something! Neanthals are beautiful so shut up!"

I trembled, feeling really bad by saying these words. He looked at me with his eyes wide opened. He also said to me something like that before. But I wasn't vicious or rude. I didn't meant to.

"You are crazy" he mumbled, shaking his head with disbelief. But... He smirked. He really smiled just like he used to.