sixty-seven

"SHIT!" 

"SHIT!

"Tony, seriously-"

"Language!" Steve Rogers voice cut in over the comms before the couple could begin yet another petty argument for all to hear. His motorcycle roared down the snow covered paths of the forest, trees and bushes around him blowing to bits as the team moved toward their destination in Sokovia. "JARVIS, what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken,"

"Loki's scepter must be here," Thor's voice quickly cut into the comms as well. "Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last."

"Yeah? Well I think we lost the element of surprise,"

Tony Stark, miles ahead of the team clad in his newly designed Iron Man armor, flew through the unprotected outskirts of the base before him, taking out the guard posts along the way in order to help themselves attain access to the building.

"Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said 'language'? Or that Dell was about to as well?"

Steve shot a sarcastic comment back to Tony, too focused on the battle on the ground at hand to really pay attention to the comments that Tony had for him. A smirk crossed the billionaire's face before he heard the firing of a missile behind him. He whipped around just as it exploded, a familiar gold and purple suit flying down into his vision as the hand of Imperial lowered after blowing the weapon to pieces.

"Sorry, force of habit to correct your swearing now," Audelia Motter shot back at her boyfriend, smiling slightly beneath the helmet of her suit.

"Have I ever told you that I love you? Because I do," Tony said, still finding the show of his girlfriend blowing up a missile to be the hottest thing on earth. "And I'm sorry, you swear all the time so why am I being called out for it after all these years?"

"Aurora isn't even four and she says shit at least twice a day,"

"...fair point,"

"Mr. Stark, Ms. Motter, the city is currently taking fire," JARVIS cut into the conversation. Audelia and Tony shared a nod with one another before they took off through the sky, flying side by side around the base as they assessed the damage happening before them.

"If we know one thing for sure, it's that Strucker isn't going to worry about civilian casualties," Audelia reminded Tony as they blasted two soldier with rocket launchers down below, banking around the side of the mountain before them. "We need to pull the civilians out of the city and away from the direct line of fire."

"JARVIS, go ahead and deploy the Iron Legion,"

A confirmation appeared on the digital screens in both the Iron man and Imperial suits as JARVIS deployed the Iron Legion squad into the heart of the city, in hopes of corralling them into a safer quadrant then the one they were currently residing in.