Chapter 8

Sophie's POV

After 20 minutes of driving slowly because of the intense rain, Logan turned the car to another dirt road, it was surrounded by thick pine and oak trees. Up ahead, a fence appeared with a sign of private property, but he pressed a button and it opened like a gate.

After almost 10 minutes, streetlights and lights from houses started to come to view, but Logan drove past them.

"We're almost here." He said parking in front of a house with a light on in the porch, but I couldn't see what it looked like. Everything was a blur with the heavy rain.

"Are you up for another run in the rain?"

"Not really, but we can't stay in the car soaking wet forever." I chuckled.

After that, we ran to the porch. Logan reached it much faster than me, despite me being closer. He opened the front door and I entered the house without stopping.

Logan closed it and came up to me. "I think it's better for you to take a shower, so you don't catch a cold." I nodded and started to follow him to the bathroom apparently. From what I could see, his house was decorated simply, only with basic furniture in greyish colors and only a few picture frames to decorate. But everything was nicely designed and very clean, unlike my apartment.

We entered the first door of the corridor which led to a bedroom, only with a double bed, nightstands with a white lamp on each side.

"This is the guest bedroom and the bathroom is that door. You can shower here. I think there are shampoos and whatever you'll probably need. My mom leaves it here from when she comes to visit. And I will bring you some dried clothes for you to switch." Logan mumbled the last part scratching his neck.

"Thank you, Logan." I smiled at him and went to the bathroom when he left.

As took my wet clothes off, I heard a knock on the bathroom door. "I left you some clothes on the bed, they were the smallest I could find."

"Thank you again!" I responded.

I tried to move quickly in the shower since I usually take some time. I couldn't help but think that this date was going weirdly well. We had good chemistry, and it was easy to keep the conversation going with him, a thing I normally struggle with most people. It also helped a lot that he was ridiculously good looking.

As I finished the shower, I looked my self in the mirror while wrapped in a towel, I couldn't see why Logan had taken any interest in me. I knew I wasn't ugly, but I definitively didn't turn heads, I was just normal, trying to blend in the crowd.

I dried myself a bit more and opened the bathroom door to find the clothes that Logan promised on the bed. I picked up my underwear, which luckily wasn't that wet, the hoodie and the pants and dressed them. While the hoodie looked like it wouldn't fit Logan since he was so large, it drowned me. I tried putting tracksuit pants, but they were too large to fit me. I tried to tighten the pants as much as possible, but they still felt when I took some steps, so I had to ditch them, leaving me with the hoodie that reached my mid-thigh.

I'm so glad that I shaved last night, thank god!

Luckily, he left me some socks and the reached bellow my knee, so there wasn't much skin showing.

After combing my hair, I left the bedroom and try to listen to any noise to figure out where Logan was. But as soon I put on foot out of the door, a door opened at the end of the hall. Logan appeared and must have sensed me looking because he looked at me and a stopped a couple of seconds in mid-step. But he recomposed itself and smiled softly at me while making his way to me.

"What do you want to do now? If you're tired, we can go to bed."

"No, I'm good. What about a movie?" I suggested.

"Yea, good idea."

We went to the living room and I ran a bit to sit on one of the couch ends. Logan chuckled at my behavior and looked at me funny.

"What? Is this your spot? I can move if want?" I started to get up, but he quickly pushed me down to sit again.

"No, it's fine." He said. "Do you want some snacks?"

"No, I'm still kind of full of dinner. But do you have a blanket? And before you ask, no, I'm not cold, it is just a thing of comfort."

"I don't know, let me check."

He came back a minute after. "You're in luck that my mom left this here, I didn't think I had one." He sat right beside me, almost touching me and covered us with the fluffy blanket.

After putting some random comedy movie that was suggested in Netflix, we sat there watching it and laughing along as the storm outside continued. More towards the end, I started getting sleepy. Logan must have noticed because we put his arm around me, and I leaned on him. He was really warm, better than the blanket.

I must have drifted off because the next thing I noticed was the TV turning off and Logan getting up. Suddenly, he picked me up and I squealed.

"Logan, I can walk, put me down." But he didn't mind me. He carried me to the guest room and put me down in the bed.

"Logan, what are you doing?" I asked giggling as tucked me in, sometimes poking me, making me laugh.

"You're tired and it's late. Sweet dreams, Soph." He hesitated for a second, but still gave me a soft kiss in the forehead and left the room, closing the door. I felt tingles in the place that he kissed.

Seconds later I head his door closing, and I must have been really tired since I fell asleep quickly in a different bed.

Hi! I hoped you liked this chapter. If you did, please click on the star!

The next chapter is Logan's POV and, let's just say, the drama is about to begin!!!

Share this story with your friends!

Thank you :*