A tale of human and wolf: a love story chapter 5

Chapter 5

It was nearly impossible to sleep last night. All i could think about was where Damien was taking me for our date. I tried to picture all the outfits i had in my closet, trying to decide the perfect thing to wear. But i didn't own anything near perfect enough, so i decided i'd try them all on instead. I tried on at least twenty outfits before I decided on a pink halter top, faded boot cut jeans, and a jean jacket. I decided to wear my hair down and curly, and wear pink toned makeup. I stood in front of the mirror looking my outfit up and down, side to side, I felt that it didnt matter what i put on because it wouldnt be anywhere near as perfect as Damien or his clothes.

It was almost six o'clock and i couldn't sit still. I paced around the house like i had ants in my pants. " Would u sit still for one minute?" My dad asked. " But i'm so nervous daddy, this is my first date and I dont know what he has planned." "I'm sure everything will be fine sweetheart but you really need to sit still your making me dizzy." My father spun his head as if he was seeing stars. " Ha ha very funny dad". There was a knock at the door. My stomach started to turn. He's here already and it's not even six yet. I ran over to the door, regained myself and slowly opened the door, not to give off the fact I was so excited to see him.

"Don't you look beautiful tonight? Not that you don't look beautiful every time I see you." Damien always complemented me and everytime it made my blush. " Thank you." I said quietly. My father walked over to the door. " Hello sir, how are you this evening?" Damien asked politely. " Why fine thank you, young man. Have my daughter home no later then 11 Damien, I mean it. Or this will be the last time you two see each other." scolded my father. "She will be in the house by 10:59 sir, I'll make sure of it." replied Damien. " See to it then, you kids have a good evening." " We will dad, see you later." And I pushed Damien out the door before my dad could change his mind.

We walked over to his truck, and he opened my door as usual and shut it behind me as usual. I could never get sick of this, he was the most polite 17 year old boy I knew. " So where are you taking me today?" i asked. " I figured we would go down to Kitsalano Beach and have a candle light dinner." He seemed so proud of himself, after making this statement. " I hope you like peanut butter and jam." he started to chuckle. " My favorite" as i began to laugh with him. We pulled in to the parking lot near the beach and out in the distance near the lake I could see candles flickering in the distance. He must have come here before he picked me up.

" You did all this for me?" On the sand laid a beautiful burgandy blanket with candles placed around the edges to light it up. There was a bouquet of what looked like more then a dozen baby roses set in the middle of the blanket, and of course a plate full of peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches. " Do you like it?" he asked unassuringly. " Like it? I love it" I boasted out loud. " This is so romantic, candle light dinner on the beach, near the lake, under the stars. It can't get any more perfect then this." I felt like I was in heaven. We sat down and curled up on the blanket together. He was so warm. Warm was under stating it, he was fricken hot. If it hadnt been a little bit chilly out, I think I would have started sweating.

" Remember how I told you that you would soon know everything about me?" he asked. " Yes, I do." " Well there's something that I need to tell you, I'm not sure how you may take it, and I'm hoping that you will be okay with it." I'm sure there was nothing he could tell me that i wouldn't love about him. He was perfect in so many ways. " Well, remember the day we met? Do you remember anything from that night? Anything out of the ordinary? Perhaps outside across the street from your house?" What? How did he know this. Was he there? " yes, I remember, there was a beautiful wolf howling at the moon or howling at me. im not quite sure." i replied. " It was howling at you. That wolf was me." I gasped. How could this be? He's human. He's not wolf at all. Werewolfs dont exist, do they? " But, but how could this be?"