Promise- Prinxiety

We're back with that good Prinxiety. Request from CoffeeFlavoredTears. Fluff prompt #9: "I told you I wouldn't leave; I'm not going anywhere." Cutie. Let's do this!

"Virgil."

"Hold on."

"Virgil!"

"I said hold on."

"Virrrrgggggil."

"Give me a goddamn minute, Princey."

"But I want attention now."

"And I want you to shut up, but we don't all get what we want in life."

Roman sighed and fell back onto the bed. Virgil put on his shirt and fixed his hair. Roman and Virgil had been dating for a few months at this point, but had decided against mentioning it to any of the other sides. This way, it was free of expectations. But there was one thing Roman didn't like about this arrangement. It meant Virgil could never stick around long after spending the night. It wasn't a high price to pay though on days like this? He wished he could sleep in with his boyfriend.

"Okay." Virgil came back over and pressed a familiar kiss onto Roman's lips. "I can give you attention now."

"Good." Roman held Virgil's waist and pulled him into his lap. "Are you swinging by again later?"

"I don't know, Patton said we might be filming later." Virgil felt that gnawing guilt in his gut when he saw Roman mask his hurt. "I'm sorry, but if all goes as planned, we could spend the evening together. Disney marathon?"

"You do know how to cheer me up." Roman smiled, ignoring the underlying sadness. "Go before Logan wakes up. See you later."

"Promise? " Virgil opened the door and waited for the response that had become expected.

"Promise." Roman said. Virgil smiled and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. And just like that, Roman felt a little quiet. It didn't matter. He would find a way to occupy his time.
__ __

Virgil sat in the living room, scrolling through his Tumblr, silently screaming. It was one of his few free periods and he should have been spending it with Roman. He would have been cuddling close to his boyfriend but Patton was right there and if Virgil left now? It would raise too many questions. That didn't mean he was necessarily happy about it.

Roman was sitting upstairs, also acutely aware of the others' presence. Or the lack thereof. He wanted to run downstairs, sweep Virgil off his feet and carry him away. But he couldn't. He had reorganized his room twice and even killed a dragon witch in his longing. Nothing really helped.

Virgil stood up. This was too much. How was he supposed to have a functional relationship if they could only be with each other for a few hours a day? It was a stupid idea and one Virgil was rapidly regretting suggesting. He walked towards the staircase before he heard a voice behind him.

"Where you headed, kiddo?" Patton asked him. Virgil could have lied with ease, but he was too far past to care.

"I'm going to chill with Roman," he said. That one sentence was the most important thing he had admitted to in months. It was freeing.

"Oh." Patton blinked once. Then smiled brightly before turning away. "Well, have fun then!"

"Thanks, I intend to." He turned and walked up the stairs with a sense of purpose. This idea of freely going to see his boyfriend was new and almost scary but walking? At least he knew how to proceed with that, so thank heavens for small mercies.

Virgil opened the door to Roman standing on a ladder and trying to change a faulty light bulb. It had been flickering for weeks now and he decided there was no better time to fix it. Virgil shook the ladder and Roman looked down to see him smirking. He scrambled down and kissed him firmly.

"What are you doing here?"

"Can't I come to see my boyfriend whenever I want?" Virgil moved back and sat at the desk chair. "I missed you and I told Patton I was coming up here. To see you." That slow, realizing smile that crossed over Roman's face? Virgil decided everything was worth it to see that.

"You really told him that?" His voice was quiet and almost in awe.

"I didn't mention we were dating but I think they're going to figure it out eventually when we start spending a lot of time with each other." Virgil said.

"You really mean it?" Roman held onto his boyfriend tightly.

"You remember what I told you when we first started dating?" Virgil asked though he knew the answer.

"You said you always wanted to say near me if it meant seeing me smile," Roman said the words reverently. It was a fond memory, one he revisited often during prolonged absences of his emo. But now they were going to make new memories.

"I told you I wouldn't leave; I'm not going anywhere." Virgil kissed him.

"Promise?"

"Promise."
__ __

"Aw, Logan!" Patton whispered as he nudged him. "Isn't it cute?" He leaned in closer to the door to see if he could catch any more of their conversation.

"I suppose so, Patton, but isn't it considered rude to be eavesdropping like this?" Logan stood to the side. "Considering we've known about their so-called "secret dating" for a while now, I don't particularly see the point."

"I just wanted to check up on my kiddos." Patton kissed Logan's cheek. "You think they know we're dating too?"

"I don't think so," Logan flushed red as he put his hands into his pockets. "We're much better at being discreet than them. And we don't so obviously pine for each other in the absence of the other."

"I pine for you!" Patton protested. Logan rolled his eyes with a gentle smirk.

"But not so obvious."

"Oh. You think they're ever going to tell us officially they're dating."

"Eventually, I suppose whenever they're comfortable." Logan shrugged. "We've waited this long."

"I guess that's true. Sherlock marathon?"

"Absolutely."
__ __

I didn't really know exactly how I wanted this to go, but this is the finished product! The first draft was way too angsty so I fluffed it up and now it's cute. I hope you like it. Finals start tomorrow for me, so send me prayers. Take it easy guys gals and non-binary pals. Peace out!