𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄.

I sat down on the floor, criss crossed and kept my hands down on my knees

I sat down on the floor, criss crossed and kept my hands down on my knees. My body releasing all it's tension as I breathed in and out. Dr. Creque gave me a book full of things to help me find some inner peace.

Meditation seemed to help, I cleared all my thoughts and felt good afterwards.

Listen to my voice, follow my voice.

You are powerful, you ar—

"Genie, I'm home from school," I heard Jolin's small voice fill the entire house causing one eye to open. I paused my video and forced myself up from the ground and leaving my room.

"How was school," I crossed my arms watching Meech and Jo walk into the house. Meech swung his keys around accidentally hitting Jolin in the back of the head.

"Ow, bubby that hurt," she squinted her eyes and put her hand behind her head to sooth it.

"Sorry Jo," he poked his lip out and picked her up and stood in front of me.

"School was cool, Coach asked to talk to me. He said he wants me back on the team. And I know you need help around the house and help with JoJo," he looked at her and back at me and all I could do was sigh.

"I told you that your only responsibility was to focus on school and basketball. If I need anything Kojo is a phone call away, please don't throw your life away. Be a kid, get as many scholarships as possible. I didn't get the opportunities you did at your age," I explained and he just nodded his head slowly.

And I meant it, nothing I want to see more in this world than these two make something out of themselves.

"What happened to you and Kojo? Why I don't see him around no more?" He yawned packing Jolin to the room as she laid her head on his shoulder.

"Me and Kojo split up," I moved my hands down to my sides, tapping my fingers against my thighs.

"Word?" He raised an eyebrow, dropping his backpack and sitting her on her bed. "What happened?"

"Word." I said back and just shrugged my shoulders. "And it's a long story,"

"Usually the story ain't ever that long. But, if you don't wanna talk about it it's coo. Hope he ain't put his hands on you or no shit like that," he glared at me and I just rolled my eyes at him. For him to be the youngest he tried to act like he was older than me. Like it was his mission to protect me. But that's my job.

"Nah, he never did any of that. We just need space, a lot of space," I leaned against the door watching Jolin rub her eyes as she grabbed the fire stick remote.

"Well I liked him, he was cool," he sat on the bed removing his shoes and just throwing them to the side.

Just watching him and Jo you could tell who messed the room up the most. Meech was so unorganized and didn't care where he put his shit.

"I did too," I let out and looked at him telling him to clean his side of the room up before leaving out.

I kicked the air with my feet as I made it back to my room. My phone was still on the floor and I slowly bent over to pick it up.

That took all the breath outta me. Felt like I was about to die.

There was a faint knock at my front door, I barely heard it but considering my room is near the living room I heard it.

I checked the peephole, there were two women standing there. I scrunched my eyebrows together and kept the door cracked.

"Can I help you?" I looked at both of them. One woman was latina, long blonde hair falling down her back. And the other was brown, short black hair and they were both attractive.

"Yeah, we just moved in next door. Wanted to come say hello," the darker woman spoke and flashed a smile and I just stared at them blankly.

I didn't know people still did that. I didn't like  introducing myself if I didn't have to.

"I'm Genie," I nodded and pressed my lips together, still leaving the door cracked.

"It's nice to meet you. We're grilling out tomorrow. My wife thought it'd be nice to invite you and your family over," and they both just smiled and it was almost too awkward for me but I just smiled right along with them.

"Yeah, sure. I didn't catch your names?" I looked at them interchangeably and watched their faces continue to light up.

This was a scary exchange, I could tell these two were up to something. Or maybe they were just super fucking nice.

"I'm Carmen and this is Shontae," the latina woman said and her wife just nodded. "Plan on seeing you tomorrow, we'd love to get to know you,"

Just the thought of some grilled food made my stomach happy. I might stop by for a plate but these two bitches seem to be on some Purge shit.

"Yeah, I might stop by. Thanks for stopping by," I widened my eyes and smiled pushing the door closed.

"That was weird as fuck," I scratched my head thinking out loud and looking down at my phone.

I texted Kojo, asking him to bring some food cause I didn't feel like cooking anything tonight.

I found my way to the couch, finding a comfortable spot and laying back as I found something to watch.

Meech left out of his room with his Nike duffle bag. "Going to practice, Jo in there sleep. Love you,"

"Love you too," I waved him off as he left out the house.

-

being a writer is so mf draining lol but im tryna be done w this story cause i got so many ideas for new books y'all just don't know

so these new neighbors 🌚🌝

y'all don't even know wtf i got cookin lol im so ready for everything to unfold. it's gone be smooooooth for awhile tho

vote comment and follow me if you don't already. don't be a stranger 💓