Oᴄᴛᴏʙᴇʀ 19ᴛʜ 2004

Johnny looked himself in Ponyboys room and refused to come out. He had spent half a night in his own room but his parents yelled at him to shut up so he moved to Pony's room, he felt bad for hogging his room and crying too much but he couldn't control it. Soda tried telling him that he must've been drunk but Ponyboy said that he hadn't touched a dropped. Though it wouldn't make Johnny feel better it was the truth and Johnny deserved the truth (unless it's too hurtful).

He heard knock and let him in, he memorized everyone's knocks, it was weird but helpful. (Soda usually knocked a song, Two bit knocked a ringtone, Darry knocked twice, Steve knocked three times with his fingers(which turns out he was knocking sodas name) and Dally knocked three times but with his fingers. ) Darry came in and brought some soup in, "Come on Johnny you have to eat," Johnny just shook his head, his voice hurt too much to speak. Darry sighed "I'll leave the food here." And once he left Johnny let out a sob, why couldn't he just be happy?

After about three hours of crying,reading, and smoking he heard footsteps coming towards the door, he counted the knocks.
One knock with a finger. Oh please be three
Two knocks with a finger. Come on, come on
He waited for the third but it never came, "Go away!" He yelled as covered himself with the blankets. He heard the door open, "Come on Johnny." He heard Dally come closer,
"Johnny isn't here." He mumbled.
"Johnny I didn't mean it! I was drunk," Johnny sat up
"Like hell you were! Ponyboy told me you didn't touch a drop!" He heard Dally mutter something along the lines of "Damn ponybitch"
"Yeah, Damn Ponyboy for telling me the truth!"
"You get mad at me when I tell the truth but not at him?!" Shit
"Get out."
"Johnny—"
"Get out!"
"Johnny come on!"
"I-I hate you!"
"Don't lie to yourself."