VALIANT (3)

Here's the next chapter! I hope you enjoy it :) IMPORTANT/SEMI-IMPORTANT: 1. There is an interaction between Sir Valiant and Merlin that I don't know if it will affect anyone so I just want to put that out there. If any of you think that I should put a warning please tell me because I honestly don't know if I should (it's nothing super bad. Just him being creepy and not knowing what personal space means) 2. There should be one more chapter for this episode before I move on to the next one. So far I've been writing four chapters per episode and that's mainly because I add extra scenes to make this Merlin seem more real (but that makes the chapters longer) and I also cut the days up, so each chapter is usually a day that happens in the show. So I wanted to ask whether I should keep doing it this way, make the extra scenes or cut the extra scenes so the chapters per episode are less? 

Anyway, that's it :D Thank you for reading!

                                                                                              ***

"Merlin!"

Merlin turned around at the sound of her name and she smiled when she caught sight of Gwen walking towards her. Her smile quickly turned into a frown when she noticed the older girl looking worried. "Are you alright, Gwen?" Merlin asked, concerned as Gwen walked up beside her.

"I'm alright, thank you, but what about you? Are you okay, Merlin?" Merlin was further confused when the girl continued to look worried as they made their way to the kitchen. She was running a bit late but that didn't matter at the moment as she tried to figure out what was wrong with her friend.

"I'm alright as well. Are you sure you're okay, Gwen? You look a bit worried and nervous if I'm being honest." She watched as Gwen wrung her fingers together, stepping aside when they passed a group of giggling servants.

"Oh yes, I'm fine, but, well I heard something the other day and I didn't want to believe it, but you never know," Gwen said.

Merlin furrowed her brows in confusion and asked, "What did you hear that has you acting like this?"

Gwen cleared her throat and looked nervously at Merlin. "Well yesterday, when I was in the throne room with Morgana—after Uther had greeted all the participating knights—I overheard some servants talking about you."

"About me? What did I do?" Merlin interrupted, feeling upset that people were already talking about her.

"Oh no, no, you haven't done anything. I'm sure it's just a silly rumor that will blow over when the next one comes along. I don't think anyone actually believes it, not that they don't think you're capable of it of course and even if it is true, it's nobody's business but your own.

"Wait, wait, wait," Merlin said, interrupting the older girl's rambling. It took a bit for her to process what Gwen had said, shaking her head in confusion. "What rumor? Gwen, what are you talking about?" Merlin stopped walking and turned to face the older girl. Arthur's breakfast could wait until after she figured out what was going on.

Gwen also stopped walking and looked slightly to the left of Merlin as she tried to gather her thoughts. "Okay, er, the other day two of the servants were talking about how there was a servant telling people that Arthur has taken you on as his mistress."

As she listened, Merlin's eyes widened in shock, feeling bewildered and mortified at what she was hearing.

"Wait, what?" Merlin finally spluttered out. "That's, that's just absolutely absurd. No, it's completely ridiculous. There is no way that I would ever want to be Arthur's mistress. I can barely stand the man! The very thought is just laughable." Merlin threw her hands up in disbelief. "You can't honestly believe that I would do that, would you?" Merlin asked Gwen, who immediately shook her head.