4 | Questions And Tears

"Okay, let's play the question game," Logan suggests, smirking. It's half an hour after we had the awkward incident with the overly-excited woman and we're back in our cabin. We're both sitting crossed-legged on the floor, facing each other.

        "I've never heard of that," I complain, not very thrilled by the title of the game.

        "I just made it up. We ask each other random questions and we have to answer truthfully," Logan says enthusiastically, seeming pleased with himself for making up a game.

        "Alright," I sigh, "What's your favorite colour?" I smirk, knowing he probably expected more provocative questions.

        "Brown, the colour of shit," he jokes, making me chuckle. "Why the boring question?"

        "Well, excuse me, but I was heartily interested in your favorite colour," I reply sarcastically, making him chuckle as well.

        "Okay, okay," he smirks, making me a bit uncomfortable. He leans in close and when his breath touches my skin, goosebumps appear on my arms. Slowly he speaks his words, clear and pure, as if it is something provocative. But no.

        "What's your favorite kind of pizza?"

        I burst out in laughs and throw my head back, almost slamming it against the chair behind me. Logan, now back in his previous position - sitting with crossed legs in front of me - has a huge smile on his face.

        "Pepperoni," I say between two laughs. Logan nods, seeming to approve my taste in pizza's.

        "Why? Are you gonna buy me pizza when we get out of this train?"

        "Maybe," he replies, grinning. I lower my eyes and feel my cheeks turn the same colour of Logan's sweater - which is still on me. Before the moment can get any more awkward, the door of our cabin swings open and the beaming face of the woman who gave us hot chocolate appears around the corner. In her hand a tray with all sorts of sweets are lying.

        "Hello lovers, want some sweets?" The woman looks delighted when she sees Logan and I sitting in front of each other, grinning like idiots. As if we read each others minds, Logan and I nod heavily - the sweet tooths we are.

        "Well, enjoy!" The women says happily after we both took some and turns around to go to the next wagon.

        "Wait, do you perhaps know how long this things is gonna last?" Logan asks.

        "Oh, I honestly don't know. Last thing I heard was that the rescue teams were held back by the snowfall. I'm afraid we will be stuck here for the night," she sighs.

        "The night?" I gape at her, not fully understanding what she just said.

        "Yes, sweety. I'm sorry, I can't help it either, you know. We will inform you when we get any news," she apologizes and then turns around to hand out sweets to others.

        "Guess we're gonna have a cozy sleepover in the cabin," I groan and rub my temples to stay calm and not burst out in tears. How could they just expect everyone to stay in the train for the night? It's probably not even safe. What if someone gets sick and can't go to the hospital? What if we'll freeze to death? What if a bear comes in and attacks us? I start to feel a mental breakdown coming up and start shaking. I don't notice Logan has put his arms around me until he softly speaks.

        "It's gonna be fine, Lily. Don't worry," his breath smells like hot chocolate and there's a hint of cigarettes. From my eyes are tears escaping and making their way across my cheeks. Logan's arms are now draped around me and my head is against his chest. My sobs are muffled due to my face being buried in Logan's shirt - which is slowly getting covered in my tears. My shoulders are shaking and I feel Logan soothing me whilst stroking my head.

        We keep sitting like this for an amount of time I didn't kept track of. Logan and I, sitting in a broken down train somewhere in the woods. His arms around me, my body against his. Tears falling down my cheeks, his soothing words sounding like warm melodies.

        Outside a snowstorm is covering everything in white flakes, whilst drops of hail are ticking against the window. Inside the intense artificial light is covering the train cabin in a yellow glow, whilst Logan's soothing hums are tingling against my skin.

        And for the first time in hours I don't mind I am in a broken down train instead of my house.