Ralle Road (5)

Valerie Gauthen

Read with caution. Dead involved. If sensitive to these topics, please skip instead of leaving unwanted hate.

The atmosphere was encased in a sorrow cloud as the weight of sadness and perplexity descended upon me like a thick veil. The air seemed to grow thick with a mixture of sorrow and disbelief, leaving me momentarily suspended in a haze of emotions. I took a long breath in and gathered all the strength I had, ready to face the harsh truth that laid.

My heart weighed heavily with a burden that threatened to overwhelm me as I walked toward the scene. Police officers and paramedics moved with a sense of purpose, the sense of urgency in their actions was noticeable.

The environment was a symphony of well-ordered chaos. Law enforcement officials delicately combed through the room, their gloved hands collecting evidence, their keen eyes scanning for even the tiniest detail that could shed light on the tragedy that had unfolded. Their features were engraved with professionalism and resolve.

Yellow crime scene tape acted as a watchdog, serving as a visible reminder that this place was no longer ordinary and that the unfolding of a sad event required respect and caution; though she was a criminal. The boundaries of the tape creating a clear separation between the realm of the investigation and the prying eyes of me.

As I surveyed the scene, a knot tightened in my stomach, knowing that within these hotel walls lay a truth that would shatter the fragile world of Miss Mae, a mother whose heart would carry the unbearable weight of grief and an unimaginable discovery, if she managed to recall. I braced myself for the unavoidable task of breaking the heartbreaking news to her that her own daughter had not only been engaged in criminal activity but also passed away.

My spine shivered, as if every bone in my body could feel the gravity of the situation.

Beyond the tape, I could see another evidence team working on the awful death of Amanda Gomber. Their presence surprised me, for I had expected to be leading the case but the fact that this team was present indicated to me that this case had major significance and attracted the interest and focus of other investigation units.

With an effort, I willed my body to move, pushing past the resistance that threatened to keep me rooted in place. I lifted the yellow crime scene tape, under which I entered the room; the tape's vivid color acting as a clear reminder of the seriousness of the matter. Within these walls of them room, it appeared as though time had stopped, and the very air held its breath in fear.

Photographers, keen eyes capturing every minute detail, documented the scene with a firm focus. Their lenses framed the room's secrets, capturing images that would later reveal hidden truths of who Amanda Gomber really was. However, their presence added a layer of perplexity to my thinking, leading me to question why the Sergeant had called me into this specific investigation if individuals were already working on it.

Evidence markers, scattered like silent monitors, highlighted the surfaces, drawing attention to the value of the objects they guarded. Each marker told a story, marking a potential clue or a fragment of the puzzle they sought to solve.

My eyes unavoidably drew to the mattress, the occupied body bag on top of it being my main focus main attraction. Anxiety grew like a lump in my throat as I continuously swallowed hard, fighting to steady my breathing and calm the nerves. I managed to straighten my posture and relax my shoulders as much as I could.

Sergeant William approached me, his face a mix of relief and concern, betraying the weight of a rush that had summoned me to this early morning investigation. I met his gaze, the lines creased upon his aged face spoke of years of experience and countless investigations.