raconteur: a talented storyteller

I woke up Saturday morning with a smile on my face. I had a boyfriend. Gilbert Blythe was my boyfriend. I ran a hand through my hair and felt the remnants of our sand fight. My pillow and sheets had sand in them too. I bit back a laugh...Marilla would have a field day about this.

I got in the shower and tried my best to get the sand out of my hair with a comb. My music blocked out any sound, but I heard Marilla say something muffled before leaving.

"What?!" I tried to get her to repeat herself but she was already gone.

I got out of the shower with my music still blaring. While dancing around the bathroom, I dried off and got dressed. I hummed along to my music as I walked back to my room.

I sat down in front of my vanity and sighed.

"Hey, Shirley."

I let out a quick shriek and whipped around, "Gilbert? What are you doing here, you scared me!"

He started laughing at my outburst. I walked over and hit his shoulder playfully, "It's not funny to scare people, Blythe."

"But you should've seen your face! I swear, it's like you were looking at a ghost or something."

I sat down next to him and huffed, "For all I knew, you were a ghost."

"But Marilla told you I was here and that I'd be waiting in your room. How did I scare you?" He pulled me so I was sitting on his lap and his arms were wrapped around my waist.

"Well, I couldn't hear her over my music. But I'm happy you're here." I pecked his cheek softly.

"I'm sorry I scared you," he pulled me in and kissed me tenderly, "Am I forgiven?"

I ran a hand through his curls as I looked into his eyes, "Of course you are...boyfriend."

He let out a small laugh and pulled me closer, "I'm glad to hear that...girlfriend."

"So why'd you stop by?" I asked, "Normally, the guy isn't supposed to call the girl after their first date, let alone show up to their house."

"Come on, you really think I would pass up the chance to see you in person? You're the highlight of my day, Shirley."

I laugh a little and pull him back in, reconnecting our lips. His hand grazed over my jaw and wet hair, and I let mine wander idly over his shoulders and neck. He pulled my legs so that they were wrapped around his waist before he flipped us over.

His hands grazed my lower back on the inside of my shirt as he kissed my neck. I felt the softness of his lips as they found the spot underneath my ear. I bit my lip to hold back the sound of how nice it felt. He made his way back up to me and kissed my lips with passion and hunger. We moved together faster and pulled at each other, making sure there was no space between us. I let my hands run up his back and felt every muscle that moved to be closer to me. I started to tug at the hem of his shirt to take it off but a knock at the door stopped us both.

"Anne, I need you to tell me all about the date," Diana opened the door without warning and saw Gilbert on top of me with his shirt half off. Her eyes went wide and her hands flew to her mouth. Gilbert moved off of me and pulled his shirt down. I missed the warmth of his body pressed against mine, but I pulled my shirt down too and sat up like nothing had happened. "I guess the date went well then?" She was holding back laughter.

My cheeks went red and I nodded. I pointed to Gilbert, "This one asked me to be his girlfriend, and I said yes."

Gilbert, still trying to process everything that happened in the last two minutes just nodded stiffly.