Random Two

***Second part to Random 1. Adam and Rylan are together.***

Earlier that evening...

Rylan sat in the den with her mother, who was looking at magazines, as she was icing her lip. Lying across the entire leather couch, her feet hit the end and she closed her eyes, an arm over top of her face as the other laid on her chest. Being completely flat, the ice sat on her lip no problem without movement. She hadn't eaten her snack and supper was on hold for a little while since neither of them were hungry.

Setting her book down, Rylan's mother stood up in her checkered dress, tightened at the waist with a big belt. Her white glossy looking heels sat side by side as she had uncrossed her legs. Her hair tall in curls, but tame and nice, tied off with a headband. "Rylan, do you not hear that?"

Rylan kept quiet, hearing her mother and the door bell ringing. She pretended to sleep and let out a small snore, allowing her mother to realise she was asleep. Rylan's mother sighed and set her magainze on the cherry red table next to her. Getting up, she swayed her hips like a model and walked to the door.

If Rylan wasn't around, maybe her mother could be a model.

She listened to her mother talking to who ever at the door, and it was about her. Rylan was in some trouble when her mother saw the cut and bruise on her dauther's lip, but Rylan said she went to take her hockey helmet off the shelf when it fell and hit her. It was a pretty accurate excuse and her mother believed it, unless one of her friends say otherwise, which they wouldn't.

Rylan yawned, becoming hungry but too lazy to reach two feet over to the long chest table that sat in the middle of the room, below the lightly dimmed chimed chandelier. Peanuts were too far too reach for poor tired Rylan Young, but she could make an excuse and get her mother to pass them over to her.

"Rylan, dear," She heard her mother speak. Rylan didn't speak up and pretended to be asleep still. Then her mother shook her shoulder and Rylan stretched, the ice falling to cracks of the couch cushions and she rubbed her eyes, looking up at her mother. "You've got a friend here."

"Who?" She asked, grabbing her glasses off the table by the peanuts.

"Evan."

"Why didn't you just say 'Evan's here!'?" She asked, and her mother shrugged, taking her seat in her tall chair and picked up the magazine. Rylan stood up on her foot and scratched her head, messing up her already messy hair. It was slightly damp from her shower, but on it's way to become dry and waving with a mix of few curls.

Reaching the door, she opened it and wondered why Evan would be standing outside and not in the house. Evan usually did walk right in the house and wandered around until she found someone. It did surprise Rylan that Evan didn't come in the house and that she rang the doorbell. When she opened the door, she wanted to slam the door shut on the person's face, but couldn't knowing her mother was here.

Sighing, she crossed her arms and stood in the middle of the door way, letting all the outdoor heat inside their cold house. "Why are you here?" She asked, a little upset to see who it was.

"If you would've known it was me at the door, you wouldn't of came."

"How do you know that?"

Adam was right, she would've done exactly that if she would've known it was him ahead of time, but her mother said it was Evan. Adam probably asked Rylan's mother if she could say someone's name other than his. "Because, we're friends and I know my friends." He answered and shrugged. "I came by to apologize to you."

She perked up a little, wondering why he came over to her house. He knew he was in the wrong a little bit, but what he did wasn't troubling in any way, in fact, it was to end the conflict. Rylan came out with a small cut on her lip and a bit of swelling, but because of the ice, it was lowering a little bit.

Shutting the door, she stepped out of the house, knowing her mother would probably be eavesdropping on the two. Rylan's mother adored Adam Banks; he was kind and sweet. He never did anything wrong and she knew that Adam would be a nice boy to have around. He'd be the one to watch over Rylan when she can't, and nor can her father.

"Guess I can't allow you to take all the blame." She replied.

Adam looked up from staring at the rose bush in the garden next to him. "I'm sorry too, and you're right. You're able to handle situations on your own, but I was simply trying to help you out. From now on, I won't help unless you ask for it."

She nodded, wondering why Adam was still around. She always had Wyatt, who did exactly what Adam does. Wyatt knows more, but he doesn't know Adam's been around more often. Adam doesn't know that Wyatt even exists and will he know, Rylan won't know until someone tells him or she tells him herself.

"So, this must mean we're good between each other, then, right?"

Adam nodded. "Wait, before you go, my Mom wanted me to ask if you wanted to join us for dinner tonight."

She pondered over it. She didn't like the way she looked, but she wasn't dressed badly or anything. Her hair might've been a mess, but her mouth wasn't the prettiest either. She's never met Adam's family before and it did make her nervous. Were they going to be like Wyatt's family? Kind people who welcomed Rylan within the first few seconds of meeting face to face? Wyatt had spoken to his parents about Rylan and she danced with him, but that was it. She didn't want Adam's family to be skeptical of her. What if they noticed the cut and told Adam that Rylan wasn't a good influence to be around because of a fight? What about because she doesn't have a father around often? A mother who works a lot? A gang of girls she hangs out with? Does three sports?

"I don't know," Rylan shook her head lightly side to side. Adam frowned slightly. She reached out, setting her hand on his bicep. "It's not that I don't want to, I just want them to accept me."

He smiled. "They do, my mom invited you, not me. Well I am, but she had the idea of wanting you to come over."

Rylan giggled at his nervousness, he wasn't usually nervous. She had brought her hand down by now, folding her arms in front of her chest. "I-I guess." She answered a little nervously, uncertain about all this.

"Great, did you want to change or go?" He asked. "I'll drive you."

Rylan nods, "Well, I'll go tell my mother and change into something better than sweat pants and a tank top." He nodded. "You can come in, have a seat."

He shrugged, but followed her in and he took a stood in the foyer, looking at some of the photos. Rylan was hesitant, knowing her dad was in a few of the photos. He was never wearing his army uniform, which was good for Rylan's part. She did offer for him to sit in the living room, but he decided to just wait there.

She ran upstairs and entered her room, shutting the door. Taking off her sweat pants and tank top, she pulled on a light summer dress. Seeing that Adam wasn't wearing normal clothes, but he looked a little more sharper than usual. He always did wear something around jackets, blouses, khakis pants or shorts, even nice colored short and some with patterns sometimes. He wasn't a typical kid to wear clothes with holes or that were old. He didn't wear sweats or hoodies, and if he did, it was right after a hockey game when he was tired and changed from his sweaty gear.

Rylan guess that his family had some wealth too, because when you're wealthy you don't wear ratty looking clothes, which isn't bad, but it's to show the superiority, which Rylan doesn't care for.

In front of her dresser, putting her small jewel earrings on, she focused. Wearing a short light blue dress with pink flowers, she had black velvet flats on, a small necklace and her earrings. Light make up was on and she fluffed her hair a little, curling a few strands. She did realize she was taking a little long and hurried, rushing to put a little bit of make up on her lower lip, she finished up and walked downstairs.

Seeing Adam, she smiled. "I'll be back in a minute." He nodded and she walked over to the den. Stepping in to the room, her mother lowered her reading glasses and grinned at her beautiful daughter.

"What's the occasion? Date?" Her mother asked, crossing her left leg over the right.

Rylan shook her head with a smile. "Having dinner with his family. I hope it's all right?"

She nodded. "Of course, go have fun."

Rylan thanked her mother and walked down the hall. Next to Adam, the two parted from the Young house to the restaurant, which Rylan thought they'd be going to his place.