Why Muslim's Don't Eat Pork

Chapter 24: Why Muslims Don’t Eat Pork

Quote of the Day: “Halal is a must, not just about what we eat, but also what we wear and what we love.”

I was traveling throughEngland, and settled inLondondue to a business purpose. The hotel I chose was quite a mix of races, with people from all over the world, different casts and religions. One morning, I came across a Muslim person named Jafar.

We started off by talking about business and eventually became friends. One morning I was having breakfast in the hotel’s lobby when I invited him to sit by me. Saying his greeting, he gracefully sat down. I offered him my bacon and the expression on his face changed.

“I am sorry sir, but I can’t eat bacon.” Jafar informed me in a calm voice.

“Why?” I asked out of curiosity.

“Because my religion forbids me to.” He explained. I was taken a back for a moment, I had always been curious about Islam; why does it forbid pork? Why restrict oneself from this particular food? Why so narrow-minded? I asked Jafar these questions and was quite astonished by what he educated me about pork and the religious and health reason behind this rule in Islam.

Religious Reasoning:

“He hath only forbidden you dead meat and blood and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name hath been invoked beside Allah. But if one is forced by necessity, without willful disobedience, more transgressing due to limits—then he is guiltless. (For Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful).”

[The Cow’s Chapter, verse no: 173]

In the Muslim’s divine book, The Holy Qur’an forbids the consumption of pork meat, but even more astounding is the fact that Christians are forbidden to eat it too:

“Leviticus and the swine, as he divideth the hoof, and be clove footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you.”

[Leviticus Chapter 11 verse 7 and 8]

Further research has revealed that pork is also prohibited in the book of Deuteronomy as well:

“And swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass.”

[Deuteronomy Chapter 14 verse 8]

A similar prohibition is also repeated in the book of Isaiah chapter 65, verse 2-5.

Scientific Reasoning:

Ethically the “pig” is the most of the foulest creatures on earth, lacking in the mannerisms of life. For example, the pig offers its fellow species to have sex with its mate. Many people will think why do sexual habits matter in appetite, but I will say that the other reasons are not to ignore.

One of the reasons why Islam forbids the consumption of pigs is because it has the fastest digestion. Cows have a 24 hour digestion cycle, but a pig has only 4 hours, these 4 hours are not enough to separate the toxic material from food; in fact the toxic materials are not separated and become part of its blood. That’s why pig meat causes 70 diseases in the human body.

A person can have various Helminthes, like roundworm, pin-worm, hookworm, etc. One of the most dangerous is Taenia Solium, which in a layman’s terminology is called a tapeworm. It harbors in the intestine and is very long. Its ova (i.e. eggs) enter the bloodstream and can reach almost all the organs in the body. If it enters the brain, it can cause memory loss. If it enters the heart it can cause heart attack and if it enters the eye it can cause blindness. It can damage almost all the organs of the body.

Pig causes fat to store in the body and blood vessels, this is a direct and ultimate damage to the heart, and had 100% chances of heart attack, stroke, cancer, etc.

Pig can eat anything; it devours urine, deceased human parts, animal, mud and so on. The most disgusting thing is that it can eat its own dead mate, children and race. It’s a scavenger. In the villages, they don’t have modern toilets and the villagers excrete in the open air. Very often excreta are cleared by pigs. Some may argue that in advanced countries likeAustralia, pigs are bred in very clean and hygienic conditions. Even in these hygienic conditions, the pigs are kept together in sties. No matter how hard you try to keep them clean, pigs are filthy by nature. They eat and enjoy their own as well as their neighbor’s excreta.

Some may argue that if it’s a filthy thing than why has God created pigs? Allah (SWT) creates everything with a purpose and reason. Pigs were not created to be eaten by man, rather, Allah created pig’s during Hazrat Nuh’s (Noah of theArk) time, because after the flood the land was full of dirt and the pigs were created to eat all the dirt away.

So those of you out there, who insist that the meat of swine is the most delectable of all kinds. Do you still feel that way? These are cold hard facts right here. And the facts do not lie.

 Submitted by xxtypicalscorpianxx