Chapter Twenty-Two

There was a warp gate outside of your workplace. It was in one of the corners of the alleyway that you walked out of, slightly hidden from view, but it was there. Himiko had texted you not even two minutes before telling you to walk through it. You weren't sure you really wanted to see the League again. The last time you'd been there, it hadn't been the best experience.

Unfortunately, curiosity got the best of you, and you went through. It closed immediately after, and you found yourself regretting your choice. The villains were seated all around the room, Shigaraki being in the middle. Himiko's face grew ecstatic when she saw you, and you watched as she got up to come greet you.

"Hey, it's that girl again! Get her out of here!" Twice said from his seat against the wall. "Sorry, that was rude. I meant all of it!"

"Welcome back!" a certain knife-obsessed girl exclaimed as she grabbed your hands in her own. "We missed you so much! I'm so happy you're back! It's been so boring without you! Did you know we got contacted by the yakuza? He wants us to meet up with him in a few weeks!"

There was a lot of stuff to unpack in her excited rambling. First being that the villains missed you? You looked around the room, only to see that the only other people who looked even vaguely interested in your being there were Mustard, Spinner, and Magne.

You winced when you remembered the latter's fate. You were tempted to save her, if you were being honest. Out of all of the villains, you thought she deserved to be saved from her fate the most. Her only crime had been acting at the wrong time. No one deserved to go out the way she did. You remembered the man from the alleyway and shivered. No one.

Second, Overhaul had contacted the League? You thought that you told him that the League wouldn't be helpful. Then again, you hadn't really expected him to take your advice. He was Overhaul, after all. You briefly glanced towards Magne again. Was it really worth it to save her life? Would that action alter the course of the timeline more than you already had? You already doubted that the Shie Hassaikai would be arrested after the death of Sir Nighteye. You really needed to get that back on track.

You honestly didn't feel that bad about potentially leaking the information about their illegal experimentation to the police. You had owed a life debt to Chisaki, but Eri's wellbeing was more important. You had made yourself a promise that you would get her out of there, and you were determined to see it through. More than anyone, that kid deserved a chance at having a normal life with a normal family.

"Hey! Are you even listening?" asked Himiko with a pout.

You turned to her, apologizing. "You said that the yakuza contacted you guys, right? I need to talk to everyone about that eventually."

"Why? What's up?" Himiko questioned, tilting her head. She was still holding onto your hands, you realized. She must've considered you a pretty good friend in order to want to maintain this much physical contact.

"Overhaul is just..." you trailed off for a moment. "a very dangerous individual. I don't want any of you to end up getting hurt because you underestimated him."

Maybe you cared more about the League more than you wanted to admit. Other than Shigaraki, of course. Speaking of the crusty-lipped man, you desperately needed to talk to him about All for One's plans for you. It was making you on edge not knowing anything, and you didn't like that. Maybe if you asked him, he would give you the information you were looking for.

"Dangerous? Do you know him?" Himiko asked you. She maneuvered herself so that she was clutching you in an almost-hug. You leaned into her touch. It was welcome at this point. You hadn't had physical affection of any type in a long time, anyways. It was nice to finally be held again.