12.

Excuse any mistakes!
Zae Berlinger

"How are things with you and your girlfriend?" My mom questioned

"How are things with you and your girlfriend?" My mom questioned. I guess she never got the hint I was joking about Luna and I dating.

"Ma, you do know that's not really my girl?"

She exhaled. "That's good."

"What's with all the dramatics?"

"It's just I don't like her. Something is off about that little girl. I don't know what it is but you need to leave her alone before you get yourself hurt."

"I'm grown ma. I can handle my own."

"I'm just looking out for my son. Think about it, okay? I have to get to work now. I love you." She walked out the kitchen after kissing Jordyn and Zach. I was left in my own thoughts.

"What's wrong bubba?" Jordyn asked. It amazes me because you wouldn't think she knows how I'm feeling without seeing my face but she always knows.

"Nothing."

"Are you going to work today?"

"Yes, Zach is going to stay here and watch you."

"I don't need a babysitter."

"That's what you think." I ruffled up her hair going into my room, so I could get dressed for work. I was a construction worker in the morning and I would do photoshoots during the evening. Slipping on my work boots my phone started ringing.

"Jacob, I'm heading to work. I'll do that drop tonight."

"Nah nigga, get that shit done right now!" He hung in my face.

I threw my body onto the bed becoming frustrated. If it was up to me I wouldn't be doing this. But my little sister needed the surgery. When she was 3 years old, she was diagnosed with this disease and basically, her brain held much too much fluids. Then she had a tumor growing as well which caused her to lose her eye vision. They told us the surgery was risky but it could work when she got older.

I've tried begging my mom and my sister not to go through with it but she didn't want to keep living her life this way knowing there was a way out.

Both my mom and dad both worked jobs. I knew they were exhausted every day. So I stepped up and got a job as well. I thought about selling my studio but that's where most of my money is coming from. That place was my dream but if this drug shit didn't work out then that's what I'll have to do.

"Alright, y'all I'm out. Love y'all."

"Have a good day." They yelled out.

I rushed out the house getting into my car. I had about 30 minutes to make this drop and get to work on time. I just hoped I wasn't late to work again. Going back and forth get tiring every day. I needed a vacation.