Two birds with one stone

"Aren't these two getting closer to each other ..."

"..."

"Dazai-kun !!!"

"What is it again, Nikolai-kun ?"

Dazai drew his gaze from his computer to his colleague who kept moving his chair to get his attention.

"Look at them !! They are getting along way too well !!"

"And ?"

"And ..."

Nikolai glanced at the two sitting in the other side of the room talking together as if they have known each other for ages "He's wearing a ponytail today ..." then he pouted.

"Dos-kun is my friend .."

"The joke of the year, anyone can tell that you have a thing for him ."

"D-d-d-dazai !!!!!! What are you talking about ?!!!!!"

Nikolai covered Dazai's mouth then looked around him making sure no one heard what he said trying at the same time not to blush since this was the first time he ever hears someone say it so blatantly; that he liked Fyodor.

"Only someone stupid wouldn't notice your too obvious glances and the way your eyes glitter whenever you talk to him, if you think that you were being subtle then you're lying to yourself~"

"Well .. i .. that's true .. i like him .. but don't tell anyone !!"

"I'm saying that everyone already knows-"

"Anyway ! The thing is .. i wanna confess .. i never thought i would do it because i .. guess i always took him for granted when we were in Russia but since we came to work in this company, he started to get along with that ginger midget and .. and ... what if they get together ???"

Dazai glanced at Chuuya leaning on the side of Fyodor's chair as they both were grinning at something on the computer then he directed his gaze to his own pc not able to ignore that sudden tightness in his chest.

"Then you should just confess ."

"Easier said than done ... but maybe ... maybe i can do it in his birthday, it will be in the 11th, the next weekend ... i can organize it in my place but then, i will need a reason to make him come without telling him that it's for his birthday ..."

Nikolai kept blabbering on his own till a sudden idea crossed his mind. He turned in a slow-motion to the brunet who knew he will definitely get pulled in some trouble.

"Whatever you're thinking about, don't count me in, there is only one weekend in a week and i wanna use it to rest ."

"Hear me out !!"

The blonde directly went into the details of his plans completely ignoring whatever Dazai just said.

"I will tell him that i need some help for a project i need to return next monday but he'll definitely figure it out if he's the only one who comes that's why i will ask Chuuya-kun to come too and that's when your turn comes ."

"And what do i have to do ?"

Dazai rested his chin on the palm of his hand staring at Nikolai tiredly, he knew he wouldn't enjoy what the other will say next and he wasn't wrong.

"You need to come and act like you get along with Chuuya-kun so that Dos-kun will get that he belongs to someone else ."

"Eeeeh ? No way .. why would i celebrate the birthday of a guy i hate and act like dating another guy that i don't like ?"