Prologue. History Of Death

The world, it is a place full of mystery, happiness and grief. However in my world it’s filled with death and love…well mostly death; if you’re wondering why this is, it is because all through my life I have had countless near death experiences, so many in fact that sometimes I’m not sure if I’m alive or not.

This is what got me obsessed with the Grim Reaper or the skeleton with a scythe who harvests your souls. He was my idol. I would spend hours upon hours trying to learn about this bringer of death. This dark character that feeds upon your souls and is everyone’s worst nightmare...unless you want to die.

“Come out, come out from where ever you are!” the fair haired woman cried out. “I give up now, you win!”

The park was empty and silent, besides the rustling of the pine trees, and the muffled words of the wind. The fair haired woman was out in the open of the park, wind whipping her hair across her tanned slender face.

“BOO!” a little pale, dark haired girl shouted. The fair haired woman jumped at the sudden split in the peace, and turned to see the little girl grinning showing her gleaming teeth.

“That wasn’t very nice you know,” the fair haired woman said. “Cause now I’m going to get you.” She started chasing the little girl, sprinting and threatening to tickle her.

She caught the little girl then began tickle her. The little girl sent out a soundwave of laughter that travelled throughout the park. “Stop it!” the little girl screeched. “It sting and make me sad!”

“Sorry sweetheart,” the fair haired woman said kindly, smiling at the little girl.

A brittle chill suddenly filled the air within the park. The wind blow violently and the park began to darken.

“It’s getting late, we should start leaving now,” the fair haired woman whispered hesitantly, urging the little girl to move.

“But I want to stay!” the little girl whimpered, dropping to the ground arms crossed.

“We have to go now,” the woman urged again, trying to lift the little girl up.

Thunder boomed and rumbled above them, sending the little girl to her feet. The wind began to whip round them more violently, thrusting the little girl to the ground. Lightning crackled through the sky, rain began teeming down soaking the girl and the woman.

“Let’s go now!” the woman yelled. All the same her words were swallowed up by the sounds from the thunder and by the wind wiping them away.

“What’s going on!” the little girl cried, tears starting to fall from her dark eyes.

“It’s alright sweetie!” the woman shouted over the activity in the sky. “I’m coming!”

The woman started to push her way through theedgy wind and pelting rain, to make her way to the little girl. She was starting to reach the little girl, until she was suddenly rammed to the ground brutally by a shadowy blur. The woman winced from the pain; she tried to get her bearings to relocate the little girl.

The woman was then struck again by the blur, sending her into the air and hurtling back to the ground. The woman wailed out, and with what was left of her strength struggled into standing up to try to get herself to the little girl again. The blur suddenly came and griped her throat slowly lifting the woman off the ground.

“Who are you?” the woman gagged, trying her best to breathe. “Why are you doing this?” the blur said nothing, but tightened its grip.

The woman’s throat started to bleed, the blurs grip still kept tightening.

Tears welded up in the woman’s hazel eyes, the little girl watched in fear as the woman was slowly being choked to death.

The blur sharply with colossal force squeezed the woman’s neck and it ruptured, sending out aburst of blood and gore.

“SCAR!” was the last word the woman said, before she became a lifeless corpse.

The blur’s shape developed into a human figure wheels of darkness coming off its body. It turned its newly formed head to the little girl; she was frozen to the ground fear bleeding from her dark eyes. She stared at this horrid creature that had murdered her mother.

 Her eyes all of a sudden closed and her legs gave way. She laid on the ground unconscious. The shadowy figure turned away from the little girl, it walked away gradually disintegrating until it was no more.

The little girl laid there, all alone and wet surrounded by what was left of her once breathing living mother.