Please, not today

Stormy POV
Still curled up into a ball the lockers supporting me. The bell rings. I don't dare to get up from my position. I hear the cackles of the football team. I sit up to make sure it was them. And my prediction was right.

    I stood up and tried to walk away "Please, not today?" I said turning away from them only to be slammed against the lockers."Did you say something?" He breaths on me, then turns to his friends "Did she say something?" They all shook their heads.

He whipped his head in my direction and strikes my left cheek making me fall to the floor. I stayed still, not giving him the reaction he was looking for. Stay still and he'll leave you alone. My brain kept telling me.

     I could hear him clenching his teeth, he wasn't calming down, he was getting angrier. Damien hit my right cheek this time. Then I heard Damien converse with some one "Come to join he fun?" I could feel he smile that was glued to his smug face.

"How'd you know?" I reckonized this voice, it was Ashton. I turn around seeing a smile planted on his face. I should have known, this was bound to happen sooner than later, right? I turned away. He probably wanted to get close to me just to do this. I blocked out their conversation until I heard Damien scream "What the hell!" Ashton's teeth were gritted which showed his perfect jawline.

"Don't you ever touch her again!" He yelled. I switched my focus from Ashton to Damien, and to my surprise his face was mangled. Blood rushing out of his mouth and nose. The football team helps him up and ran down the hallway.

I used this time to stand up. Cause I knew Ashton would try to help me up. He looked back at me but his face wasn't hard and go filled with rage, Ashton's face was now soft and somewhat kind. "You okay?"

I walked backwards one step "Honestly?" I furrowed my eyebrows slightly, "Can't feel it, the pain, I mean. It just happens so much, I can't feel it anymore." I stated vacantly but truthfully. He took my hands that were subconsciously messing with the rim of my shirt.

"It doesn't have to be that way, you know?" Me being uncomfortable with human interaction I pulled my hands away from his. I went silent "Why didn't you tell a teacher or your mom and dad?" I froze when he said dad. "I don't have a mom." I blurted out.

"Then why not tell your dad?" I started walking away "He doesn't really care." I was tensing up throughout the conversation. Ashton stopped and stared at me for an awkward moment "Hey, your ok, right?" He rubbed the back of his head and I nodded.