chapter 54

Lauren didn't let the break up get to her anymore. She went back to her old ways. Drinking, fucking, doing drugs, clubbing etc..

And don't forget her new job; a drug dealer.

It makes her quick easy money.

But Lauren stared at her phone as if it were poisonous. She sighed and picked it up dialing the number.

She jumped when she heard the "Hello"

"Mom?" Lauren asked.

"Lauren?"

"Um yeah it's me..." Lauren said awkwardly.

"My-- how long has it been? Years?"

"Yeah." Lauren nodded.

"Why are you calling Lauren. Need money?" Clare huffed.

"What?! No!" Lauren answered offended.

"Then why are you calling?" She asked again.

Lauren took a deep breath before continuing. "I... I... I wanted to see how.. you guys were doing?"

"Oh." Clare said taken back. "We're doing just fine."

"Chris? Taylor?"

"Good."

"Good."

"We're having a Thanksgiving dinner soon, would you like to come?" Clare asked her daughter.

"Um. Sure." Lauren didn't want to be alone anymore. Deep down she missed her parents- and her old way of life but she won't admit it to herself.

"Wow. You sound so mature Lauren." Her mom chuckled. "4 years is a long time."

"It is..." Lauren trailed off. She didn't know if she should apologize. But there's nothing to apologize for.

"Um can me going over there be a surprise?" Lauren asked nervously.

"Sure! I won't tell a soul.." Clare smiled through the phone. "It'd be nice seeing you."

They said they're goodbyes and hung up on the phone.

Lauren smiled feeling like a little piece was lifted off her shoulders. She finally talked to her mom after all these years.

She was incredibly nervous seeing her family again. She wished Camila would be there right by her side.

Camila...

Laure frowned at her name.

Camila

Camila

Camila

It was like a knife going through Lauren's chest over and over.

She missed her kisses, her touch, her eyes, her presence, her everything.

Lauren swatted at the tears strolling down her face.

"Damnit Lauren!" Lauren cursed at herself. She's been trying to keep her Camila thinking to a limit.

Lauren grabbed onto her hair letting more tears fall. She yelled at herself saying to stop but she couldn't.

"What have I done?" Lauren asked herself.

Lauren realized she needed Camila. And she made the most stupidest mistake by telling Camila she didn't love her.

But it was too late.

The damage is done.

Camila's probably with Austin smooching.

But little did Lauren know that Camila was doing the same as her.