Max, You little.........

Spawning into Sword Art Online is about what you would expect. Compared to my dark bedroom, the SAO spawn point was very colourful. It was day, about what you would expect. I'm guessing the time cycle will be linked to the real world if it wasn't, people would lose their sense of time. However, that's assuming that this game has a night.

I started looking around for a group of people, but I received no such luck. Unless Max and our class are not logged in yet they probably left me behind. I started walking around until someone tapped my shoulder. I looked at the person with my usual glare. The person I saw was undoubtedly Max. He stood there with a grin bigger than the sword that rested on his back. He was wearing the same beginner gear I was. His username was about what you would expect from him, SlimmReaper

"Hello there Mr. Slim," I say with a straight face

"Psh, better then yours, you use that on everything" Max replies back

"Yea so everyone knows me, I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of handles you have," I say trying to rub salt on a wound that wasn't there.

" Exactly," Max says enthusiastically. " that way no one knows the stupid shit I do in other games" he continues

This brought back memories. One time we were playing GTAV. We were doing the Criminal Record Challenge, and on the last heist, Max accidentally presses "Easy way out" and our days of work went up in smoke.

I just look at him with a blank stare.

"So where's our class," I ask

Max replies with " what class? Oh did I say the class was coming? they aren't so don't expect them"

I mentally face-palm. I started walking away from him toward the exit of town. Like a little puppy following their owner, Max followed me.

" Come on, (Y/N) are you mad at me," he says in his no so adorable voice.

"Eh, I could care less. In fact, I would prefer if they stayed out, something fishy is happening" I say

" really dude, I've told you over and over that nothing bad is happening" Max try's to assure me.

"Yeah right," I say in doubt

We wandered to the outskirts of town. Then we both see it......a boar. I look at Max to see he is looking at me.

"What do you want me to do about it," I say in a smug tone

Max just continues to look at me and I stare back. It turned into a staring contest for about 3 minutes until I blinked.

Max jumps up and down consistently saying " I won, now you fight"

I guess the loser fights. I go throughout the inventory looking for a short or long sword. Finally come across the beginner long sword and equip it. I also take a look at the skills menu. I see a slash skill for the long sword and I read how to use it. Shouldn't be hard I think to myself.

I walk up to the boar and raise my sword. When I activate the skill, my body moves on its own to bring the sword down killing the boar in an instead. I see that I level up and got some col along with other items. I look at Max and he knows, it's his turn now.

Max sees a boar and charges in typical Max style, being as loud as possible. Unlike when he screams at his computer screen, the boar actually notices he is coming. Instead of letting Max kill him, the boar charges Max. Max certainly wasn't expecting this. The boar hit him where it hurts, and he got him good. Max drops to the ground in agony holding his privates. As this happens the boar runs away satisfied with what it has done. Finally, over a minute of laughing my head off and Max rolling in the dirt, I say " you know, you can't feel any pain."

After I said that, Max stopped his rolling and got up.

"Forget what you saw," he says

"Never" I replied. " I'm telling the whole class what happened right now," I say has I go to log out.

However, this little fun moment is cut short as I tap the log out button. It doesn't work, the log out button doesn't work.

"Max can you try the log out button, it's not working for me," I ask

"Yea sure" Max replies, I didn't need to ask to know the answer his face said it all.

"I knew something fis---" I couldn't finish because we were teleported to the town of beginnings

The next few moments changed the lives of thousands of people.