Chapter 15

Derek's/ Moon Demon's P.O.V

Life was amazing back when I had my powers. I could do things no one else could. Not even my twin sister The Moon Goddess. Well that was until Layla and that witch took it away from me. They thought they could get away with it. How wrong were they. I have waited thousands of years to have my revenge and now to have Caine here, a descendant of Layla, my revenge will be executed to perfection.

It brought me great pleasure to see Caine so defenseless. I'll admit the owner of the body I am residing put up a great struggle to get his body back but he was no match for me. I am after all still more powerful than anyone even without my elemental powers.

I wasn't going to put my plan in action until the next Black wolf came around, but when this pathetic excuse of a werewolf came to me I just couldn't resist. He was a fool. Putting his trust in me. A demon. He really should no better. Speaking of, Jeff was babbling on nonsense that was getting on my nerves.

"...oh you have no idea how long I have waited for my revenge. They think they can hand of people who are more powerful than me let alone children. They have another thing coming." I didn't bother listening to his rant for any longer and instead chose to look at the Black Wolf.

He was cute. I'll give him that. He was the perfect mate. A shame I would have to end his life so suddenly. Caine was currently rolling his eyes at what ever Jeff was saying clearly past the denying stage and onto the 'I don't give a stuff phase'. Honestly I am too. I have heard the pathetic wolfs speech more times than I can count and it is starting to made me lose my mind.

A bang from the front of the cabin alerts me of an intruder. A pair of footsteps advice that it is two intruders instead of just one. I can already tell its my host body's brother and Caines foster brother. Sighing I quickly gag Caine and send Jeff out to sort them out.

Struggling and shouts are heard causing Caine to start struggling against his restraints until they come to a stop. An ear-piercing scream is heard causing Caine's face to screw up in pain and me to flinch slightly. Jeff runs in with a panicked face and blood dripping from his stomach. He looks up at me and mouths help before dropping on the ground. His body lays still. No sign of movement found.

Footsteps sound and I hide before they come in.

"CAINE! CAINE! OH MY GOSH! Caine. I thought you were dead. Oh gosh." As the Banshee wept into Caine I came out of my hiding space and knocked the brother, Romeo, out. While the banshee was preoccupied with untying Caine I got a knife and crept up behind the boy. Caine sees me and tries to warm him but since the gag was still in all he could do was wriggle around looking for some way to tell the banshee I was there. Said banshee got the message and went to ungag Caine but was to late. Just as Caine went to warn him I came up behind him and held him back with the knife to his throat.

" Now Caine if you want this thing to live you will get back on the bed and tie yourself back up. I abit preoccupied right now." To prove my point I dig the knife into the boys neck emitting a small whimper as blood starts to slowly drizzle out.

Panicked Caine does as I say. I release the banshee and throw him towards the bed. I underestimated Caine though. As soon as the banshee was free Caine has his hands free and is taking the air out of the room leaving only air circling the banshee and himself. I reach for my throat, grappling at it, trying to get some air. I move forward with struggle and manage to lunge at Caine without him noticing.

We both go down in a tangle on limbs. I force Caine's hands above him head so I could lean down and whisper in his ear.

"You really think it was that easy. Think again. You really shouldn't have done that." I hiss out.

"No you shouldn't have done that." The voice of the Banshee is heard before my body lurches as a metal protrudes through my chest. Right where my heart is. You would think that my soul along with my host body would die. But no. Only my soul. The host body might go into a coma but all else is fine with him. Me. I die. Just because I'm a demon doesn't mean I can't die.

I thought I would get back what was rightfully mine. I guess not. My body was being drained of blood and energy and all to soon I was falling into nothingness.

————————————————

Yes a proper update and yes its short. As I said I'm not really feeling it anymore. This is the second last chapter of The difficult life of Caine McKay. Yes I know but I just had to finish it.

All of your guys support was cherished and loved and I hope you enjoyed this story. Yes it was short. I love all of you guys for getting my story to 11.8k reads. Its unbelievable. I never thought it would be possible. You guys are honestly so so so so so so so amazing.

Love you guys. Epilogue will be up soon.

Bye.