125 • Kip/Fye

Nervously, Kip fidgeted with the hem of his shirt. The past months they'd talked over the phone a lot, but seeing her in real life was different. He'd never expected to be so nervous. After all, she had been living in his house for a while. He knew they had a click – but maybe exactly that was the cause of the jitters in his stomach. By now he was ready to discover if they could be more than friends. Eight months had passed since his relationship with Dana and Fye's relationship with Juice ended. Right after that she had already tried to kiss him, but since they had both been heartbroken he had held off. 

At the question if she still wanted to kiss him, his heart started to beat faster. He had sorted his feelings for Dana. He had even reconciled with Juice. It had given him peace of mind and he hoped Fye would be ready to take that step too. He knew the girls had called each other now and then, but the last time she had spoken to Juice had been on Kozik and Amy's wedding. 

There she was. Her golden curls shining in the sunlight as she left the revolving door. With one hand she pushed the stroller, with the other she pulled a wheeled suitcase with her. It was hard to guide both things, and Kip hurried towards her to help. 

A dazzling smile danced around her lips as he caught her eye. He ran towards her, throwing his arms around her and pulling her close. After all the hours they'd been connected by phone it was amazing to hold her in his arms. Only now she was standing so close to him, he realized how much he had longed for her. He pulled back a little, watching her pretty face. Finally her eyes were shining again. Before he realized what he was doing, his trembling fingers caressed her face. She held her breath, looking up to him. 

He wasn't sure it was a smart move – but right know he couldn't think straight anyway. Dipping his head, he laid two fingers below her chin and raised her head, capturing her lips in a sweet kiss. 

A few terrifying seconds he feared she would push him away, then her hands glided across the sides of his face. She kissed him back. Her lips felt soft, hesitantly she allowed him to enter her mouth. The world was spinning around him, suddenly he felt so happy. 

A blush spread across his cheeks when he retreated from her lips, although he felt a little calmer when the same happened to her. 

"Hey," he said a bit sheepishly. "That uh – I didn't plan to do that."

She chuckled softly. "I missed you, Kip." She pulled him back in an embrace.

"Missed you too," he said, holding her tight. "A lot."

His life looked very different compared to over six months ago. He was training to become a physics teacher, had left the club and the life he was living now was far more normal than the old Kip would ever have wanted. He however liked the simple life and he enjoyed the little things, like clay modelling with his son or doing lasergame with his fellow students. 

Kip let go of her, turning towards the stroller. The two and a half month old girl was asleep. His phone was filled with pictures Fye had sent him; still it was very special to see her in real life. She looked so fragile, so vulnerable. So beautiful. Stretching out his hand, he caressed his pinky across her soft cheek. 

"Did everything go well during the flight?" he asked Fye. 

She nodded. "Yeah, she slept like a rock. I hope she will continue to do so when we're in the car."

Kip took her suitcase from her and headed to his car, while Fye followed him, pushing the pram. 

. . .

"Did you tell them I'm back?" Fye asked when they were sitting on his couch. She blew into a cup of tea. 

Kip shook his head. "No. I wasn't sure if you wanted them to know." He paused. "Did you decide if you want to go to the wedding?"