Chapter Thirty - Four

Ya'll, so like you all know that Thomas will ALWAYS be my baby, but Lee just has such a special place in my heart. Like the more I write about him, the more I fall in love with him. :1 Bless my poor Thomas, Lee just might have you beat. (Who is your favorite band member within the 'His' series? I love EVERYONE, but Thomas and Lee are most definitely my favs.)

Not edited.

Chapter Thirty - Four

Thirty minutes later, Lee was standing in the entrance of my apartment door, a bag of chocolate chip cookies in one hand and a container with lemon cake in the other.

I frowned. "You actually made dessert?" I asked, standing back so that he could enter.

Lee shot me a look as if I was crazy. "What? Did you think I was lying?" He asked seriously, although I could see the slight glimmer of light dancing behind his dark eyes.

I helped him set everything down on the table as I grabbed two plates and handed him one. I shrugged. "I honestly thought this was all just a ploy to get me to invite you over so that we could spend time together."

Lee cut two slices of cake and laid them out on the plates before us, placing a single cookie by each one. He handed me my plate, smiling. "Did it work?"

      I took the plate. "Well, you're here now." I pointed out.

He smiled. "Then looks like my plan worked." He replied, following me over in the direction of the living room as we both sat down on the couch. I turned on the television and clicked on a random movie and began eating some of my cake.

"This is actually pretty good." I told him, "Where did you learn to bake? I know you're on tour a lot and I just don't know where you get the time to do it."

Lee took a bite of his cookie as he glanced over at me. "My mom used to teach me how to make a few basic things growing up, and it just kind of stuck. Whenever I had free time I would try to bake new things. Last year when Thomas met Natalie, I ended up helping her out at her bakery when she needed some more workers. We weren't on tour at the time, so the work was a nice little get away, plus it let me do what I loved."

I listened, new information that I hadn't known coming to light. "Natalie owns a bakery?"

"Yep. She tries to be there as much as she can when Thomas isn't on tour, but when he is she has two college workers that do a pretty good job at running it. But she never stays away for too long." He told me before abruptly changing the subject. "Simone," he said, glancing back over at me. "What is one thing you have always wanted to do?"

       "Sky diving." I said immediately before looking over at him. "What? I can be spontaneous." Lee laughed.

"It wasn't like that - I just didn't expect that answer," he shook his head grinning, "That actually sounds pretty fun." He admitted before taking another bite of his food.

I dropped my cookie back down onto the plate. "What about you? What is one thing you have always wanted to do?"

Lee thought for a moment before turning back to me. "It used to be winning a grammy," he chuckled, "but now, now it's different. I hope you don't get mad if I choose not to tell you. It's a little embarrassing." He replied, a slight hint of red filling his pale cheeks.

I stared on in shock. "Are you blushing?"

Lee dropped his head. "Is it that noticeable?" He replied, pointing a finger in my direction. "I told you that it was embarrassing, did I not?" He said, "But one day when I gather up enough courage i'll let you know what it is." He promised. I smiled at him.