15 ➵ Don't Break The Chain Challenge

Don't Break The Chain Challenge

-

"Hello my lovely Hoodies, today I'm joined with Alfie, also known as PointlessBlog. Today's challenge is called Don't Break The Chain Challenge. Alfie, explain how it works," Calum said with a smile on his face.

He was so beautiful.

"Well, we have to create a word chain. Let's say I will start with the word 'cat', then Calum has to reply with something that fits the chain, for example dog," he explained.

"Don't say cat, say kitten. It's cuter and it reminds me of Michael."

I didn't deserve him.

"God, you're so cheesy," Alfie laughed.

"I know, that's what he loves about me."

I felt tears in my eyes and tried to blink them away.

"We know that. Should we start with the challenge now?"

Calum nodded, "Yeah, the first word is 'music'."

I couldn't really watch Calum's videos anymore without starting to cry, that's how guilty I felt.

The past few days I just stayed at home, telling Thomas I wasn't feeling well and he told me to better not come to work. 

Luke apologized to me at least a million times, but that wouldn't erase the fact that we kissed, practically made out, even though I had a boyfriend. 

I just didn't know what to do.

I didn't want to ruin Calum's mood while he was in Australia, so I wouldn't tell him by calling or texting. I had to do this face to face, even though it would hurt so much more.

I sighed and shoved another spoon of Ben & Jerry's in my mouth, trying to eat away my guilt.

Of course it didn't work, it only made me fat.

Suddenly someone knocked on the apartment's door. Confused I got up and opened it, surprisingly seeing Avery standing there.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, a little bit confused.

"It's nice to see you, too, Clifford," she laughed and got in, sitting down on my couch.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. It's just -- I'm having a bad day and I don't feel well."

"It's fine, really. So according to the five empty cups of Ben & Jerry's, the amount of tissues on the floor and your tear stained cheeks something happened and you're going to tell me about it."

I sighed, "I don't want to."

"But talking about problems can be really relieving, believe me."

She smiled sweetly and I sat down next to her, staring at my hands and playing with the hem of Calum's sweater I was wearing.

"Come on Michael."

"I -- I did something stupid and Calum will hate me and I don't want to lose him because he's my everything and it would break me," I said, tears forming again.

"You did not cheat on him, did you?" she asked, a serious look on her face.

"If kissing your best friend is considered cheating, then yes, I did cheat on him," I admitted and immediately got a slap on my arm.

It hurt, but I guess I deserved it. 

"You're so stupid, Michael. I told you to not do something you will regret and you sure as hell will regret kissing Luke. How could you? Why didn't you listen to me?" she asked kind of angry and pissed.

I could understand her, she warned me.

"I know, I'm the worst person ever. It just happened, god. Suddenly his lips were on mine and it felt kind of good and I didn't pull away until he started unbuckling my belt and then I realized that I fucked everything up. I don't want Calum to break up with me, I love him so much."

By now I was a sobbing mess and she just hugged me, telling me everything would work out.

"Look, I've never really met Calum but I'm sure that he's as much in love with you as you are with him. He won't just leave you, believe me. I'm pretty sure your relationship can survive this," Avery said, trying to calm me down a little bit.

"But I can't tell him. It would hurt me as much as it would hurt him. Seriously, you've never seen his puppy eyes and when he's sad it's the most heartbreaking thing ever. He won't trust me anymore, Avery," I said, wiping away the tears with the sleeve of the sweater.

"Trust me, everything will be okay. It will be hard in the beginning but it'll get better eventually. Don't think much about it and stop crying, it makes your eyes look puffy and red."

I smiled, "Thank you, I guess I just really needed someone to talk about it. I still want to know why you came here in first place, though."

"I had nothing to do and since Thomas told us you were sick I wanted to check up on you, see if everything's okay," she said.

"You're amazing, you know that?"

Avery nodded, "Of course I know that."

I just laughed and slapped her playfully. She stayed for another few hours, trying to cheer me up and making me smile. 

I guess I just really needed this after falling in my little hole of sadness.

I was still very scared about what would happen when I would tell Calum about the kiss with Luke, but for now I had to wait until he came home.

I just hoped he would still love me.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

To be honest, I kinda enjoyed the little Muke make-out session in the last chapter, haha. It just sucks that Mikey and Calum will have problems now ugh

Is there anyone else who likes Avery as much as I do??

If you liked the chapter, leave votes and comments!! :)

❀ I hope to see all your beautiful faces next chapter ❀