《Unemployed》

I've been getting less sleep this past three weeks after that nightmare. I don't even think that's a nightmare, it's seemed like a scenario that actually happened.

But I'm thankful I didn't get to dream it again. It'll haunt me forever.

I saw myself unconscious, laying cold on the ground. I didn't got to look at the two adults but for sure that was mom and dad.

If I'm honest, I didn't want to look. I'm already freaked out just seeing myself.

Everything is happening all at once. Miss Evelyn had a family emergency at her home place which is in France so she had to go back.

Flashback

Miss Evelyn called the three of us at the office. We knock on the door.

"Umm, Miss Evelyn?" We entered her office. She faced her chair to us and stood. She had a half worried face.

"So I had a family emergency at my home place which is in France. Recently my father had a stroke so I was in very need to be there, I'm sadly to say all of you three are unemployed for the mean time. But I think it's better for you guys to find a job since I'll be staying there for quite a while. I hope you guys understand." She explained her situation.

The three of us looked at each other and nodded. "Of course it's ok Miss Evelyn, we completely understand." Samantha reassured her.

"And I know how it feels to miss your family and not seeing them in a while. You didn't have to ask us if it was ok. And I'm sorry about your father, I hope he'll get well." I gave her a genuine smile.

Then out of nowhere she hugged all of us creating a warm group hug. She pulls out tears almost welling up her eyes. She held Will and Samantha's hand.

"You guys have been my second family here. You aren't only employees, you've been my family for 8 months. Keep up with your kindness as many more blessings will come for you two." She turned to face me.

"Now for you, I know it's only been two months but I've seen a lot in you kid. You're determined in many ways and that's what I like about you. I see you so much in me. I hope you the best for your college and future. I know you will." She caress my cheek.

We hug her once again as we mount her safety wishes and good health.

Will and Samantha escorted me to school at the same time because they're getting interviewed in a new job.

It was in a company and apperently the CEO needed a lot of employees so they took the opportunity to get a real job there.

They asked for my permission which was really unnecessary since they don't have to depend on me.

They asked because they don't want me to work alone at the coffee shop. But as much as I wanted them as my coworkers, I can't have them miss out on this opportunity. Plus I don't wanna be selfish just because I'll end up alone.

They've already helped me with so much, I don't even have anything to pay back yet.

I've been really good besides being alone. I'm still ignoring Hunter which I means Vanessa's wish is granted.

I don't see Hunter anymore but we do just cross paths but I just hide my face in my hoodie so he won't see me.

I can sometimes see him with Vanessa. It fucking hurts like a stab but I know that kiss meant nothing to him.

But for me, it gave me thousands of meanings just to clarify one kiss.

Skip to Break time

I went to the library and decided to sleep there since the air conditioning was really nice.

I sat down bring behind the book shelves and brought my knees to my chest and rest my face on my arms like a pillow.

I'll just take a quick nap. Since that bell is loud enough than my alarm, it'll probably wake me up.

...

We rushed in the emergency center and brought in the patients. I was held in into the kid. Once she was rushed in I decided to check out the other two adults.

"Umm... where is the two adults room?" I asked with my trembling voice. "In the room down the hall." She points at the room.

I saw nurses and doctors rushing in and out the room. "Were losing there breath!" One shouted.

(I'm not really good at this doctor thing so please don't judge me.)

I walked in observing the scenario. I heard the heart monitor ringing a straight line.

Less people came out the room as there volume in got lower to dead silent. I heard the heart monitor unplugged as I saw they fixed there things.

I asked what happened. "Umm... It didn't save. There injuries was too deep and it's too risky to move out. Either options aren't going to save them..." They sadly said.

I went silent for a moment. "W-What about there daughter?" I stuttered out.

"We'll just have to wait till she wakes up." With that he wakes away.

I went to the other patients room. I knocked and went in since there was no one in the room.

I look at the patient and sighed quitely. I feel sorry for the person knowing sphere parents had just passed away.

I heard the heart monitor slowed down. I looked at worried and scared. The ringing sound got louder and soon it went to a straight line. It ringed into my ears loudly...

I was woken up startled by someone shaking my shoulder. I was breathing really heavily and my vision was blurry

"Emilyn?" A familiar voice said but I couldn't figure out who was infront of me resulting my blurry vision.

"Emilyn?!"  Was I having a panic attack? I never had this except when I was younger. I felt numb, my body wasn't listening to me already giving up. My sight became darker soon darkness took over.