Chapter 6

Two and a half hours later my parents arrived at home with a bundle of joy running my way.
My baby brother Nicholas.

My biggest irritation who always find a way to melt my heart

"Tina ,Tina!"he sequels trowing himself at me.
" Hey Nick,did yeah miss me?I ask while giving him a tight hug.
Nicholas was away to summer camp this sumer,and I missed him like allot.

"I missed you a bunch" he said.
"Hey bro Charles" said lifting him off the ground.
Nicholas laughed while greeting
"Charles!".

It was simple Charles and I don't really like each other but when it came to Nicholas we were willing to compromise.

Decota announced that dinner have been prepared. So we swifty made it to the dinning area.

Everyone took there place across the table and began eating in silence.

" So how was camp Nick"I asked while taking a sip of grape juice.

"So much fun,all the girls were all over me and I did actually what bro Charles said".

Charles shook his head in admission.

" Really and what would that be actually? I asked sounding casual which I probably was not.

Nicholas smiled and said "Top secret".

" Your daughter was asked to the prom today "Charles said with a sly grin.

That motherfucker.

I felt like beating him till he begged me to stop at that moment.

" what's a prom"Nicholas asked.
"I'll explain later buddy" Charles  replied.

"Honey who asked you to this function"my father asked sounding formal as ever.

I took a deep breath while replying Dwayne Richly.

Dwayne son of Carla Richly right?" My mother asked.

I looked her dead in the while answering "Yes and I agreed to go with him ,my dress is all lined up and everything.

" Oh I see " Mom replied.

"So can  go " I asked trying desperately to escape there intimidating faces.

"To your room?" dad asked with a charming smile.

"Daaaaaaaaad! stop teasing me I exclaimated.

He gave a soft chuckle before answering"Of course you can go darling."

I stood up and have him a big hug while saying"Thanks dad!."

"I'm gonna go to bed early "I
stated.
" L-Tina i resigned from work today"mom stated.

I was in full blown surprise. My mom's only 39 and a doctor on paper.

"Uhm...why..." I ask.

"Well I want to be home more often and spent time with you guys,which I haven't been doing much and besides I worked at the hospital for 13 years they could do without me for a while"
mom explained.

"That's great more mommy time"
Nicholas replied.

"Yeah and we're gone gave so much fun!" mom said with a smile.

Charles said nothing.

"K" I answered.
I didn't know how else to reply because it all felt like a dream I was scared waking up to.