Chapter 3-Diane

Chapter 3-Diane

The air conditioner thrum at the police station was in sync with my mind. I was thinking about my friends at the cemetary, where I left them, and my...vision. That was the only explanation for it. A vision of the future. But how?...or from who? Alice sent me this? I had only watched this kind of stuff on T.V., but for some reason I belived it. I belived I had seen Schimdt's next murder.

"Diane?" The officer I had met when I walked in now called me into "OFFICER O'DONOGHUE  Chief of Police" 's office, as the plaque read. I walke in to see, obviously, Officer O'Donoghue. She had long brown hair and green eyes, to match mine. I sat in the big, black leather chair waiting for me. I looked around to see she had two full bookshelves standing guard on the wall behind her desk; the walls were otherwise a plain off white color. Her gold nameplate read "Veronica O'Donoghue".

"Officer O'Donoghue-"

"Veronica."

"Veronica, I need to see a sketch artist." I got to the point.

"Why Diane?" She questioned, a worried look crossing her angled face.

"I....Do you believe in visions and stuff like that? Supernatural, paranormal, etcetera?" I asked her, hoping she wouldn't think I was crazy or stupid.

One of her eyebrows arched in curiousity, but she replied, "Some of it. You had a vision?"

"I belive so." I started to go over the cemetary scene.

I finished, and silence followed. Then she grabbed her phone and dailed a few numbers. "Get me Alec, A.S.A.P.". She hung up.

"Is Alec a therapist or a sketch artist?" I asked, comcerned.

"Sketch artist." Veronica chuckled. Then a tall man with black hair, light brown eyes, and dark skin walked in. Veronica introduced us. "Alec, this is Diane. She...well, let's just say she knows Schmidt's next victim." Alec looked confused, but dropped it. "Describe them." he peered down at me from above his sketch pad and shapened pencil. I brought back the vision. "Long, black hair, center parted, no bangs, down to her elbows. Blue eyes, a medium blue, and she was skinny, young. Probably 20 or 21. And of course, there was Schmidt: White guy, muscular, blue/gray eyes, light brown hair." Alec drew for a few more minutes, then he showed me his pad. My mouth hung open stupidly at his accuraccy. Alec smiled, ripped the page from his book, and gave it to Veronica, who was also intently listening. he nodded to her, waved at me, and left.

"I'll run this through the databases." Officer O'Donoghue told me. She put the drawing in the scanner. A few silent moments later, I knew Shimdt's next target. "Briana Jameson, 21, works part time at McDonald's, has a car. She looks smart, according to her college application." Veronica read off the screen.

"She won't have a future if Shmidt kills her." Bluntly, I told the truth.

Veronica immediately grabbed her walkie and muttered numbers into it, along with Briana's information, and requested they take her into custody. I scribbled my cell number on a sticky note, and left to pick up Emma and Karsyn. It was already dark.