Chapter 70 - Status Asthmaticus

It's been a pretty silent ride from the animal clinic, mainly because I have no idea how to make this right. I don't know how to take away the pain my ridiculous brother has caused, and that pisses me off more than anything.

Stiles breaks the silence as he angrily punches the steering wheel, the action causing me to close my eyes before I open them and look over to him.

He sighs, flicking his eyes over to me and back towards the road in front of us with his whispered "Sorry"

I lick my lips quickly and reach over, grabbing his punching hand in mine and offering a reassuring squeeze "You don't have to apologize for being upset, but stop punching things because I unfortunately can't take your pain away"

"Yes you can, Adds" Stiles replies softly with his own squeeze of my hand. 

Smiling with his words, I move my nails of my free hand against the back of his hand in lazy little patterns as we continue down the road.

We're a few blocks away from Stiles' neighborhood when the jeep sputters before it starts to lose power and smoke fills the cabin around us.

The sound of our coughing quickly fills the inside of the jeep as Stiles brings the jeep to a stop. We each turn to quickly open our doors and climb out of Roscoe for the fresh air luckily the pouring down rain has stopped

Standing off to the side on the sidewalk I set my hands on my hips, coughing a few more times as I try to take a deep breath of the non smoke filled air.

I hear Stiles cough loudly on the other side before I see him open the back hatch, grabbing his tool box before he heads to the front of the jeep.

Walking over to the front, I help him open the hood and we rest it against where the roof meets the windshield, before he walks around the front again and examines the wrench's in front of him.

Stiles doesn't say anything, however the look on his face screams how angry he is. Grabbing the box forcefully in his hands he turns and throws it a ways into the street behind us before turning back towards me.

He quickens his betrayed agitated steps until he reaches out and grabs the hood, I move back a step as he slams it back down into place causing me to jerk back from the loud noise.

He continues to walk behind me and towards the driver's side, ripping the door open he grabs something and walks back into the front of the jeep.

I see the silver shimmer of the wrench he just got from Scott in his hand as he moves his steps forward, reaching his arm back in preparation to throw the wrench in the same direction as the rest of its fallen brethren.

Instead of throwing the wrench however, he looks down towards it and over his shoulder. I draw my brows in and step towards him, he flicks his eyes towards me quickly before he reaches his arm back and succeeds in going through with throwing the wrench.

It smashes into the front windshield of Roscoe and I open my mouth slightly with the action, hearing Stiles pant out his quick, aggravated, gasping breaths on his way to sit down against the tire on the driver's side.

I take a moment, chewing on the side of my lip before I cross my arms over my front and slowly walk in front of the jeep and over to stand just off to the side of him.

Stiles plants his feet on the ground out in front of him, moving to rest his forearms on his knees. He starts to move his thumbs against his fingers with his adrenaline filled anxiety as he breathes through the tears I see gathered in his eyes.