Q&A! + Some Fun Facts

Okay, so I'm not that surprised that I didn't get enough questions for a Q&A chapter to be sufficient, but I did get more questions than I was expecting, so I guess it's still all good.

I would like to thank EdenNine for asking all the following questions, and thanks for your interest. I really appreciate it.

Anyway, to make up for the lack of content, I decided that along with the Q&A, I'll compile ten fun facts about either the writing process or aspects of the world that you may find quite interesting.

Let's start with the Q&A! Thank you EdenNine again for all your questions. I have only answered questions that won't give any spoilers for the upcoming sequel. ;)

Q&A

1. What inspired you to write this book?

Oh, a whole lot tbh. From anime to movies, video games, books, history, science, irl people, and even adverts and passing comments I heard people say. I just pulled a lot of inspiration from everything around me and tried to make a world that could be as real as possible to readers.

But, if you wanna know the OG inspiration that actually kickstarted the entire book, it was based on a really, really weird but fun dream I had.

2. How many seasons/sequels do you intend to have?

Honestly, I'm not sure. At first I didn't really have a goal in mind, but I think I had ideas for about six or so books in total. But now, I don't really want to drag on the series and overstay its welcome. I also thought about making it a trilogy, but the idea didn't really appeal to me. At the moment, I'm thinking four books in total is a nice number, especially since I know the gist of how the whole series will play out. ;)

Though, do know that the number of books is subject to change depending on what direction I will take the story.

3. How many relics need to be collected for Armatia?

Seven. More info about the process will be revealed in the sequel.

4. Nox and Lux are brothers? Nox means night in Latin. And Lux means light. Interesting.

Yes, they are! Also, they went through a lot of changes. At first, they were supposed to be twins. But since Kael has a twin, I didn't really want the twin thing to be a running theme. So, I changed it so Lux was older. 

As for their names, here's a fun little fact. So, it is true that their names were pulled from Latin and other languages that have similar words for light and dark in the real world, but in the lore of the story, Lux's name is actually a derivative of the name of an angel of light, called Lexus. Kinda like how Bill is a short version of William. Nox is just named after a sword of the same name wielded by the angel of death/darkness, who doesn't really have a name and is usually referred to as Master of Nox. Thought it'd be fun to create some lore around their names too, since I love looking up origins of names irl. :)

5. How is it Kly's fault that their mom and sister are murdered? Was he too scared to confront Eirion when it happened? 

Well, it's not really Kly's fault, per se. It's more so that Kly blames himself for the whole ordeal, which I won't get into the reason because spoilers.

6. Will there be a timeskip for this book?

No. At least not for the next book. It's going to be a direct continuation from this one (right after WCT week). It is a possibility for a future book, though.