4.3) Tristis

"What's going on here?" A gruff voice called.

Both of them turned to see an Andren guard heading towards them. Tristis frowned and studied his face.

Myrion? He thought, recognizing him. He might be able to get me out of here!

Tristis pointed at the red-head and spoke loudly, "This girl tried to kill me."

Shock filled her face, quickly replaced with boiling anger. "He's a thief! He was trying to get away! I had to stop him! Obviously the old prat isn't dead."

Tristis met Myrion's eyes and the guard slightly nodded. The guard cleared his throat and the girl narrowed her eyebrows in suspicion.

"Aren't you going to arrest him?!" She cried.

"Jade! There you are!" A woman called out. At the call of her name the red-head instantly turned.

A pretty blonde woman motioned for her to come over. A dark-blonde man stood beside her, along with the little girl that had been beside her at the play.

"What did he steal?" Myrion asked Jade, his tone icy.

"You're welcome to search, but you won't find anything that isn't mine." Tristis told him slowly, carefully selecting which words to say. 

Jade looked like she wanted to strangle him. "UGH! He had this ring- stole this ring. " She held it out.

Tristis shrugged his shoulders dismissively. "She's got the ring."

Myrion crossed his arms impatiently. "Were there any witnesses?"

Anger now wasn't the word to describe the fury on her face. "I WAS A WITNESS! AND SO WERE THEY!" She gestured at the crowd surrounding them.

Tristis shrugged again.

"Did anyone see this man steal anything?" The guard asked. Only sobs answered him.

"ME!"

"Sorry miss, but there has to be at least two witnesses. Case dismissed." The guard said, turning away.

"Why are you defending him?!"

This made Myrion stop in his tracks and slowly turn. "What?"

"Jade-" The dark-blond man began.

"I said, 'Why. Are. You. Defending. Him?!'"

"I am keeping the peace, young lady. And the only one having a problem with that is you. You have your ring, leave this man alone."