I opened my eyes as I felt the familiarity of the car parking. Regis looked over to me, smiled and said, "Get 'outta my car you whorizontal lion!"

I rolled my eyes and smiled. My bestie was back to reality. I hopped out of the car and picked up my bag, slinging it over my shoulder. Regis met me at the front of the car and put his arm around me guiding me toward the door.

As we made our way to the senior class locker bay, I felt something. It was odd and caused a dull thumping ache in my head. I felt Regis tense up slightly against me. Looking up, I saw his expression darken slightly.

"Let's just get to class today, Cas."

I was confused, but at that moment I heard the warning bell. It was 8:17. We only had three minutes before class. I grabbed Regis's hand, unwrapping it from around my body and dragged him to our first class. As we left the lockers, the aching in my head quickly faded.

Normally, I wouldn't be so much of a stickler for punctuality- especially for gym class- but this was a special day. We were doing archery. I loved archery.

I was a fantastic archer, or, so I told myself. That wasn't really true though. I was average at best, but I didn't mind, as long as I got to shoot an arrow. Ten points or two, I was having fun. Regis, on the other hand, didn't like archery at all. His sport of choice was wrestling, which I didn't really ever understand.

After hearing Regis complain for an hour straight, gym class was over. With that came my his and my parting of ways. We had an unfortunate two classes throughout the day, not even lunch together. It was like the school was trying to separate us.

"Bye Sweetie! Hide your kids!" I called out.

"See you later, Babe! Don't talk to strangers!" he yelled before turning into his classroom. I turned as well and started on to my class. I nagged myself about walking Regis all the way to his own class; now I was going to be late to math. I was already failing, too. I ran the rest of the way, narrowly avoiding dropping all of my stuff.

My foot passed the classroom threshold as the bell went off. I glanced up to catch my teacher giving me a disapproving look. I shrugged and walked over to the seat next to my friend Ramona. She extended her right hand and dropped a piece of paper onto my desk.

"Did you do the homework?" Shoot. I'd completely forgotten about that. I gave Ramona a panicked look, and she gestured to turn the paper around.

"Page 327, numbers 3-15 odd. Good luck". I gave her a small look of frustration and put the paper into my pocket. I heard the teacher as he told us to pass our papers up to the front. Thankfully, that meant I wouldn't have to come up with any excuses.

After homework was turned in, Mr. Walson started with his lecture sounding like a suicidal Muppet. I almost immediately dozed off.

The ringing of the bell was the next thing I remembered. I got up from my desk and picked up my untouched bookbag, looking away from the teacher's direction. It didn't stop the burn of disappointment I felt being glared into my back. I shook that off and scurried on to my third class.

English was fun that day. The bell rang, and the teacher, Knutson, arose from her seat and dove straight into a project announcement, handing out papers as she meandered through the class.

"Alright, kiddos! Starting today we start a new project! For the entire month of December, you will be recreating works of literature. 

"'How will I do that', you ask? Well, you'll be working with partners to make a short film! I will assign you and three other people from the entire grade together tomorrow. For now, brainstorm ideas of what piece of literature you would like to act out. Remember, it can be anything on this list! Now, get going!" 

 After Knutson's explanation was over, I plugged in my headphones and spent the last twenty minutes of class considering the list of stories, mulling over what piece my group could potentially do. The possibilities all had so much potential. We could do a project on The Iliad, Beowulf, The Aneid, even Journey to the West would be fun too. I sat in deep thought until we were summoned to change classes.

As I walked into my chemistry class, the pounding in my head from the morning had started coming back. It was obnoxious and I didn't understand it. I didn't get headaches. At least, not anymore. When I was a child they'd run rampant in my head. It would happen whenever I tried to remember my past, almost mocking me to a degree. But that had stopped when I started taking my meds.

So what was making this headache sensation pop up?

I shook it off and trudged into my final class for the day. But the pain got worse. And it got worse after that. It had gotten so bad that I almost didn't hear it when the teacher mentioned a new student that would be joining the class.

At one point, the pain had become so excruciating that I just got up and left the room. I didn't care that I could hear the teacher yelling for me to come back. I had to go lay down.

As I started heading to my Nap Nook, as I called it, the ice pic feeling simmered back down to a minor thumping. That, I could deal with for the time being. I sent Regis a quick message letting him know where I was.

He arrived not even a minute later, my backpack and his slung over each shoulder.

"Hey girl, let's head outtie." A stunning idea. I got up and started walking, letting him continue to carry my stuff. He gave me a look, but let it go, knowing that today had been a stressful one, since I'd had to make an escape mid-class.

Once out of the school, we hopped back into his car and started heading home.