chapter eleven

Is this a dream?

No, Mari, it's not. You pinched yourself for twenty seven times already. Nathaniel, your adorable tomato crush, really gave you a drink from Starbinks.

And yes, Marinette. He's your boyfriend. And it's been one month and a week.

"Mari?" he spoke, his electric blue eyes staring into mine, making me even more starstruck. Oh my god, he's my boyfriend. "Are you okay? Don't you like the drink?"

"Um, yeah. I like you," I blurted out. His pretty eyes widened as a small smile formed on his face, his both ears turning red. Realizing at what I had just said, I felt my face grow warmer.

Nathaniel lets out a laugh, his eyes nearly closing, and his cheeks slowly tinting pink. If only I had a camera with me, I'd definitely take a picture o him right now.

"I like you too," he replies, squishing both of my cheeks, still laughing. My heart began to pound violently against my chest and I felt like it was beginning to get harder to breathe. It's been quite long already, but I still can't believe that this boy right here is my boyfriend.

"U-um ----"

"----Oh my god, is that Nathaniel?"

"Shit, Chris, it is! Eeek! He's so hot in person!"

"He's with a girl? What the heck?"

Click!
Click!
Click!

Oh, no. I forgot that we were in a public place.

Nathaniel cursed under his breath as he adjusted his black cap. He removes his hand from my cheek and placed one over my head, moving me closer towards his chest to cover me.

"Marinette," he whispers near my ear, his deep voice sending shivers down my spine. "Let's run."

Shit.

I know this isn't the right time, but damn, he smells so good. I never knew he was this tall until now, when my head is against his firm chest; I could barely reach his chin. His hand behind my head protectively covering me made me feel so safe, and so . . . giddy. I suddenly had a thought that cuddling with him would be so comforting and warm---

MARINETTE STOP IT.

Still placing his hand over my head, we ran. I was still leaning against the side of his chest as we ran to somewhere only the heavens know, my legs getting heavier by the minute.

It felt like years when we finally stopped running, and I realized that we were back in the Miraculous Studios building, safe and sound. Although the people in the lobby were giving us looks, it didn't matter, as long as we were away from the crazy Nathaniel fans.

Nathaniel removed his hand from my head as I moved away from his chest.

Nooooooo.

"Are you okay?" he asks, his eyes frantically scanning my body in concern and worry. The small act made me smile and made my heart flutter.

"I'm fine. You?" I replied softly, placing my hand on his right cheek. He places his hand on top of mine as he looks straight into my eyes, relief washed over the frantic look in his face.

"I'm alright. I'm sorry," he squeezes my hand. "I should've been more careful."

"No, don't be sorry. It's no one's fault, okay? I wasn't careful too."

"What the fuck did you do?"

Our heads turned to the direction of the voice, leading us to a mad overripe banana head. He was stomping his feet as he walked towards us with a phone on his hand and the staff behind him, following him with worried looks.