heart of stone | nozel silva x cold!reader

Author's Note:

"I feel you crumble in my arms, down to your heart of stone. You bled me dry just like the tears you never show."

This oneshot was requested by KatelynSpaid

Thanks for the request! <3

Enjoy!

(Y/n) = Your Name

(Y/n) = Your Name

(h/c) = Hair Color

~Eighteen Years Ago~

Your Point of View:

"Stop! Y-You're hurting me!"

"This is your last warning, get the f*ck out of my house! I don't want you!"

"B-But Mommy-"

"I said GET OUT!"

And with that, she slammed the door in my face...leaving me to fend for myself. I placed the palm of my hand onto the door, trying to absorb what just happened. I have nowhere to go.

Despite being left out in the snow, nothing will ever feel colder than the feeling in my chest. My frigid heart of stone.

~Present Day~

I jolt awake from what I could've sworn was a slamming door. It's possible that I might've dreamt it...but it felt too real.

There's a knock at my bedroom door, so I force myself out of bed to answer it.

"What is it?" I grumble, not bothering to open my eyes.

"You promised, remember?" a tiny voice whines.

I open an eye to take a peek at the girl. "What are you talking about?"

Noelle pouts and tugs on the bottom of my shirt. "You promised to train me first thing in the morning. Why are you sleeping in?"

"Look, I never gave you a specific time. So technically, no promises were broken here," I defend. "Just give me a minute to get dressed. I'll meet you in the courtyard."

She nods and steps away from my door, allowing me to close it once again.

Usually, I wouldn't go out of my way for a Silva, but Noelle's the exception. Before passing away, her mother made me promise to take care of her. To this day, I'm still not sure why I was entrusted with this responsibility. But all I can do is follow through with my promise and hope for the best.

After I'm dressed, I grab my grimoire and leave my room. As I walked to the courtyard, I couldn't help but notice how unusually empty the castle was. Normally, there'd be Silver Eagles scurrying around every now and then, but not today. Last I checked, today's not a holiday, so what could I be missing?