♢21

"Can you leave now

"Can you leave now." Jaemin said, eyeing the girl and then sighing and looking out of the window.
"Why do you hate me so much?" Yunhee asked genuinely, tilting her head slightly to get a better look at him.

Jaemin's eyes were trained outside and he watched as the rain drizzled down the glass panes. He closed his eyes momentarily at the question.
"Hate is a strong word."

"You dislike me though...you said it yourself, you hate people like me." She said, her tone noticeably shifting to a much sadder one.
Jaemin looked up at the girl who casted her eyes at the table.
"I do." He spoke, watching her reaction.

Yunhee looked up at him with tears in her eyes and she mentally cursed at herself for being so sensitive.
"I'm just disappointed." She breathed out whilst shaking her head.

"I'm disappointed that you think you're the only one who is being judged. Labelling me as 'people like them' is you judging me but I've never once judged you.
Contrary to beliefs, I'm not like the people who bully you for your status- I don't live a perfect life by all means, I just want to live happily- but I guess it's too much to ask for."

Her voice became shaky as she pushed back her chair and placed down her cutlery.
"I just wanted to be your friend." She said, her eyes looking down at him- hurt.

"Because you're not the only one who feels alone." Yunhee concluded and for the first time she was the one who walked away with a heavy heart.

She went somewhere that had been the first place she thought of. Yunhee entered the N6 hangout and sighed with relief when she realised no one else was there with her.

Hastily wiping her tears, she trudged to the kitchen area and opened a drawer, rummaging around for her medication.
Numb, she placed them in her mouth and took a swig of water to wash them down.

The door opened and before she could react the one person she had been avoiding, entered the room.
He was smiling, his hands on someone's waist as she giggled- him shushing her.
The girl had her arms around his neck as she pushed him further into the room.

Donghyuck's smile diminished when his eyes caught sight of Yunhee who was in the midst of placing her medication away. He stood straighter and created a fair distance from himself and the girl next to him.

"Yunhee-" Donghyuck began, about to move towards her when the girl pulled him away from Yunhee whilst shooting daggers at her.
Yunhee shook her head and closed the cabinet.
"I was just leaving." She muttered, walking closer to the door.

"Get off me." Donghyuck said to the girl, watching as Yunhee left.
"Why do you care about her? She's going to die soon anyway."

"Yunhee hey- wait where are you going?" Jeno said when Yunhee walked past him without a second glance

The rest of the boys watched as she ignored them and then watched as Donghyuck came out of the room whilst fixing his top button, followed by an angry girl.

Yunhee walked as quickly as she could down the stairs, Donghyuck trying to keep up with her as she did.
"Yunhee stop." He called out advancing on her and she panicked, running faster as her heartbeat quickened.

Upon her frantic escape, her eye caught Jaemin who was not far away from the stairs and as she was distracted for a split second- her foot missed a step.

The distinctive cracking of her ankle was followed by her body brutally rolling down the flight of steps.
Gasps and yelling was heard but everything seemed to go in slow motion for the girl, she couldn't feel the pain as somewhere whilst she was falling- she blacked out.

Donghyuck's eyes widened as he watched her helplessly fall and land on her back at the end of the steps, legs still on the last ones.
Her head was limp to the side and blood began to pour from her ankle that looked cut and displaced from the fall

Donghyuck came running down the stairs at the same time Jaemin did towards the girl.

They both made eye contact and the boy placed his arms under her head and legs as he began to carry the unconscious girl.

But which one of them carried her 🤔😮