🗡4🗡

Today is the day. I was out front, although I am a demon I still love the sun rise.

Around 4am I had woken up, well zhen woke me up begging me to begin his daily training. Since I have been here I was tasked by zhen to teach him and take care of nezuko.

Although daki-san had already troubled himself with nezuko's wellbeing, as a demon I took notes on her behaviour and watched over her through the night.

We were both different on how we refuse humans as a source of food. I cultivate my energy as a means of fulfillment and she...sleeps...

I sighed, I was at a complete lost for words with her condition but nevertheless, to each their own I suppose.

"Hyyyaaaa! Take that you demon!"

Slowly, my eyes wandered from the sunrise to the boy who was rising in exhaustion. I chuckle at his makeshift demon made of sticks and leaves. I had carved him a wooden sword to use, it accommodates his small height and arm length.

I watched as he swings it, hitting all the vital parts, sweat dripping profusely from his hair line.

I was glad that he wanted to work himself very hard to get strong. However, everytime I see him like this I have a gut wrenching feeling. A kid like him shouldn't have to worry about getting stronger or killing demons.

Subconsciously my hands turned into fists, my nails piercing my skin, I jumped a little relaxing when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"y/n-san? Are you okay?"

My hat tipped upwards as I looked at the young boy, he was young too. He also shouldn't have to worry about things like demons.

Why...

Why is it always the children to have to lose their innocence...their childhood...their creativity...

They lose that all because of demons...because of demon slayers who couldn't even do their jobs..

My teeth grit as I looked away, I couldn't get rid of these feeling even if i wa-

"Its okay. I may not know what happened to you or what you're thinking but it isn't your fault."

My eyes widened, I chuckle smiling, tanjiro had gripped both my hands under my veil and held them to his chest, careful not to reveal my skin to the sun.

"y/n-san...I know we all have our sufferings...beating us down but i know that we are not the ones responsible for that suffering! Whatever it is that's hurting you so much..."

He grips my cold hands tighter smiling widely, a look of honesty and hope gleaming in his orbs, it was like a rising fire, a fire that burnt any fear or insecurity away and left you with a warm feeling in your chest.

"I know...that you are not at fault!"

I squeezed his hands in return, reassuring him that I'll be okay. After his little motivational speech i had gotten up hugging him tightly.

"I know you're leaving today for the final selection. Please whatever happens promise me you will come back safely. Come back to your kid sister." 

Tanjiro smirks looking at me, "I'll be okay! I'll be back before you know it y/n-san!" He left it at that as he runs off into the forest to train before his departure.

My eyes wandered to zhen, i suppose he will be okay practicing the basic sword techniques for the next three hours. Getting up from my seat i walked over to a flat rock in the shadows. Sitting myself down cross legged, my back straight and eyes closed I began to cultivate the energy within me.

I had been feeling a tad bit weak from not being able to cultivate. This technique was something my sensei had found and taught me. To think something so strong as circulating the flow of energy within you was only known by me.

If I were to defeat muzan or even get close to him it's time I start my training.

I exhaled softly, concentrating on the flow of energy. My fingertips touched my blade feeling the spirits inside guide the flow. It was like weaving my energy and sword intent together, making it stronger and stronger. It built the foundation layer of my spirit.

Any mental tricks would not stun me so easily. I began to make swords out of my spirit. Starting with one, then two, and finally i had ten swords circling around me.

From the shadows daki-san watched, quite shocked at the display. The breath of blades have always been a mystery. Not anyone can master it. You can easily be possessed by the thousands of spirits imprisoned in your blade.

I move each one individually, testing out the feeling. These were spirit blades. Swords made from the sword intent locked inside mt blade.

Slowly I reach my hand out, the swords swirled around my arm and merged together at my hand. It made an even larger and more powerful sword.

This was a technique that took a lot of my energy to produce. I can feel the fatigue overtake me as I try to control this large blade. The detachment of my sword intent combined with my energy, with the minds of dead spirits put together made it incredibly hard to control.

However my master was able to make five of these swords without much of a struggle. I can only make one of these swords. My body shakes as i finally gasped in exhausted. The sword broke from the loss of concentration.

"Tch..dammit...i need to get stronger soon.."

My ear twitched when i heard the cracking of sticks. I look to my side seeing urokodaki standing there watching me intently.

"This power...you must teach me to cultivate as well."

This request shocked me, it took a second for me to even register what he asked for, "e-excuse me what? TEACH you?!"

He chuckled nodding as he sat down beside me, "yes, that cultivation technique. I felt you get stronger by the second and all you did was sit there. What did you do?"

I sighed deeply rubbing the temple of my eyes, "excuse me for being rude but i can't possibly teach you. You're a master of your own techniques urokodaki. If you want to learn how to cultivate I'll just give you some pointers."

For the rest of the night, my masters best friend, urokodaki and I sat next to each other cultivating. Without our knowing our energy had entwined. We were practicing partner cultivation, something my master and i had down before.

As the night rises so did our prowess. I had just contributed in making a master become stronger.

Even after we had sent tanjiro off on his journey, daki-san and i went back to cultivating. Even zhen, who sat on my lap like the little brat he is, tried to cultivate. However he only ended up falling asleep.

I hope this peace can continue to stay like this.