dandelions - ted nivison

Start from the beginning

"okay y/n, i want you to close your eyes," my dad began after composing himself from the laughter. he must have seen the confusement and also the little hint of fear in my eyes. "don't worry, i wont let you get hurt or lost." he smiled at me and i smiled back at him, closing my eyes as he walked behind me and put his hands over my eyes and began walking in a direction. i couldn't really tell which direction because they all feel like i'm walking the same way. after about 30 seconds of walking my dad stops us.

"okay y/n, open your eyes." i could hear the smile that had formed on his face when he talked. he removed his hands from my eyes and i shot them open, now excited to see this so called special place.

my mouth shot open and honestly i wouldn't be surprised if my eyes sparkled like in those princess movies i like to watch with mum. it was beautiful.
it was a large dandelion field, it went on forever! i couldn't see the edge of the field no matter where i looked.

wishing on every one that you'll be mine..

"dad," i laughed. "i can't see the edge of the field it's so big!" i turned around to face him with a smile only to notice he wasn't there and my mum was leaning on a tree, not paying any attention to the field.. or me and dad. speaking of, where is dad? my smile left my face as i looked around, only to reappear when i saw my dad standing in the field and motioning for me to go over to him. i quickly ran over to him while avoiding even touching any of the dandelions out of fear that i'll harm them. when i joined him he was stood on a little patch of stone surrounded by dandelions. he knelt down and so did i.

mine..

"y/n, do you know the story behind dandelions?"

"there's a story?" he laughed at this before picking a dandelion out of the ground.

and, i see forever in your eyes

"yes, and it's the story that if you touch the dandelion and it glows, it can tell you if you have a forever soulmate." he touched it and sighed, before shaking his head and smiling again. "do you want to touch it?"

i quickly nodded my head and he laughed, picking another one out of the ground from beside him and holding it out to me. i lifted my hand and gently touched the dandelion. it lit up. my mouth dropped as i stood up and watched as all the other dandelions around me began to glow too. my dad noticed this as he also stood up.

i feel okay when i see you smile

"do they glow y/n?" i nodded and the smile on his face was unforgettable. he picked me up and spun me around, making us both laugh. he put me down and had the biggest smile on his face. he bent down to my level and took my hands so we were eye to eye.

smile..

"if you see a dandelion, when out walking, or on your way to school, just- when you see a dandelion.. blow on it. walk in that direction. see if it leads you to anyone. if it doesn't? then walk back and try again. just, dont go getting lost on me." i nodded before dropping our hands and picked up another dandelion. i blew on it, expecting it to blow in the same direction of the slight wind, but when it blew in a completely different direction i was shocked. i wanted to follow it.

wishing on dandelions all the time,

"dad can i follow it?" i looked at him with puppy dog eyes. they always worked on him. he smiled.