∘ Nail Care - Sapphire ∘

Are you a girl who always wanted nice nails? But, you're not quite sure how to care for your nails?

Well, you're in luck!

Its Sapphire here and I'm going to give you my Top 5 Tips on How to Keep Natural and Healthy Nails!

#1 Filing the right way

Most people don't realize how important it is to file your nails. And there is a specific way to file them too. It can be quite confusing, luckily I'm here to help!

So, first you need to choose a shape. There are many different shapes like, oval, coffin, stiletto, square and natural. The first tip that I'm going to give you under this category is to make sure that you match the shape to your cuticle. If you have a naturally oval cuticle, then you may want to do oval nails.

Here are some common nail shapes to choose from:

Secondly, you need to use a proper filing technique

Secondly, you need to use a proper filing technique. Only go one way, otherwise your nail will fray and it won't look nice. So file one way, preferably away from your skin and flattening out the edges.

Finally, there are two sides of a nail file for a reason. One side is courser than the other. The coarser side is to flatten out your nails, and the smoother side is for shaping.

And, if you ever think that you need a new nail file, just pull back a layer. There's more underneath!

#2 Polish 24/7

Now this is a bit of a debate going on around the nail world. Should you be wearing nail polish 24/7?

I'm going to tell you straight, the answer is yes!

By having a nail polish on your nails at all times, you can prevent your nails from breaking. Especially when your nails are full of water. By having just a base coat on your nails, you can stop them from chipping easily.

And if you have a school/workplace where you're not allowed to wear coloured nail polish, then just do a clear base coat.

#3 Duck Nails

This is a warning for people who want to grow out their nails!

Duck Nails are nails that have been saturated in water for so long that they become brittle and soft. Causing them to break easily.

To stop your nails from becoming 'Duck Nails', I suggest that you wear a clear base coat all the time.

#4 Cutting Cuticles/ Cuticle Oil is KEY!

Part 1

DO NOT CUT YOUR CUTICLES!

If you cut your cuticles, you are actually taking away a protective layer of your skin that lets bacteria into where the new nail is growing. So, if you want to get rid of your disgusting cuticles. You can;

1. Use a cuticle remover cream and scrape it back

Or

2. Have a shower, then push your cuticles back with your thumb nail.

These are some easy tricks to maintaining neat cuticles.

Part 2

Using cuticle oil helps provide some moisture to the dried out skin around your nail. Use it especially after using acetone to remove nail polish.

Just apply it to the cuticle line and rub it in. I like to use a hand moisturiser after so that my hands are nice and soft too!

If you're looking for the right oils, I suggest talking to your local nail salon or going to get some pure jojoba oil and watering it down. This really does help!

#5 Buffers

Finally, I would like to talk to you about using buffers.

NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE A BUFFER!

Buffers get rid of minuscule layers of your nail, making them more prone to harm and chipping.

You may suffer from discoloration on your nails and just know that this is not a reason for you to use a buffer. Discoloration could mean that you are wearing too many dark colours on your nails back to back. So try and lighten it up a bit!

Thank you so much for reading my top 5 tips for nail care! I hope you learnt something new today! Stay tuned for the next update!

-Sapphire

Sapphire_TGA