Chapter 1 - Wife

Juliet Calland

I walked into the restaurant and looked at Leonardo with hatred. I can't believe that he called me yesterday to tell me that we're going to get married by the end of this year. I forced him to come to Paris to say it to my face.

All the employees bowed to me and greeted me formaly. I walked to Leo and gestured to all the employees to leave us alone.

Leonardo smirked looking at me and he gestured me to sit down. I said down across him and put my bag on the seat beside me.

"I'm not going to marry you." I said and he suddenly put a paper in front of me. I looked at the paper and then I looked at him disbelief.

"Do you think I want to marry you?" He scoffed and I laughed dryly.

"So.. you're giving me this marriage contract hoping that I will agree and sign it?" I asked.

"Why? You want to stay married to me forever?"

I grabbed the glass beside me completely wanting to throw this glass to his head. He's freaking crazy! Leonardo here or should I say the future King of Denmark, never liked me. He hates me with every single cell in his body. You can say that we're childhood friends because our family loved to go on vacations together.

But.. me and Leo never been civil with each other.

My twins, Jayson, and Leo are quite good friends. Jayson wanted me to be with Leonardo because he said that Leo is a good man, decent and really considerate. He's not like Carter who loves to fuck around town with every girls that he sees. People said that Leo was meant to be King and people loves him.

I can't help but agree about that part. He is smart, generous and quite wise for his age.

"I'm not going to marry you, Leo. You're sick for suggesting this contract." I said as I teared the paper into two.

"Our parents will set us up sooner or later so why not we have this agreement beforehand."

"You hate me, Leo. Why don't you find another woman? I bet there's tons of girls out there who would want to marry you." I smiled sweetly at him and he shook his head.

"Girls giving me headaches and I'm not planning to settle down now. I just want to take over the throne and find love later on."

"And what about me? You're selfish, Leo. You only think about yourself and for your own good."

"That's why I want you to tell me what you want, we're here to change whatever you want in the contract. I will try to cooperate with you." He smirked and I wanted to slap his fucking handsome face.

"I will not marry you, Leonardo. I will make it clear from this second that I will never marry you. We're not in love with each other and besides I don't want to get married with someone who hates me with every single cell in his body."

"Fair enough.. how about this.." He put his hands on the table as he leaned forward.

"You find me a bride."

"Me? Finding you a bride? What am I? A matchmaker? I'm a designer and I have no time to find you a bride!"

"I bet you have decent friends for your to introduce them to me." He said as he raised his eyebrows and grinning evily to me.

"You're sick! Ask your sister, Aria, I bet she has a lot of connections." I said as I leaned back to my seat.

"Aria is busy."

"And I'm not?" I eyed the vase beside my glass completely wanting to throw it to his head.

"Ah! You're busy fucking boys around.." He said as he clapped his hands once. That's it! I got up from my seat and walked to his side planning to slap him. He caught my hand before it landed on his face.

"Why? I'm wrong?!" He asked me in a cold tone as his eyes darkens.

"It's my life, I can do whatever I want!" I said as I tried to pull my hand away from his grip.

"Not anymore.. you're going to find me a bride or you'll be my bride instead, Juliet." He said seriously as he pulled my body closer. He slipped his other hand around my waist making me look at him annoyed.

"I'm not going to be your bride, Leo. You're sick!"

"Find me a bride then.. introduce me to all your friends who you think is decent enough to be my bride then I'll let you go." I pushed his chest trying to get away from him.

"What do you say Juliet?"

"I don't want to be involve in your crazy ideas, Leo. Find someone else to do it for you because I'm busy."

"Ah.. busy." He said nodding.

"I'll let you be busy but don't forget that we'll have our wedding soon, wife." My eyes widen hearing him calling me wife. I felt so weird hearing it from his mouth.

"There will be no wedding for us! I will-" Leo shut me off by crashing his lips to mine. I was caught off guard and I never imagine this situation in my life. Leonardo, the person who hated me the most, is kissing me.

"Are you crazy?" I pushed him away and he looked at me smirking.

"I'll tell you one last time, Juliet. Find me a bride or you'll be my bride instead.. it's your choice. You only have 6 months or else you and I will find yourself married to me." Leo said as he sat down on his seat again.

"Fine! I'll find you a bride.. give me a week and I'll go to Denmark to give you the list." I said as I walked back to my seat taking my bag.

"I can't wait to see the list, Juliet." He said as he held on his glass of wine.

"Promise me that you will leave me alone after that.." I said and he turned his head to me.

"No promises, wife."

"Don't call me that!" I looked at him in horror.

"I will stop calling you that after you find me a decent bride."