Drey's story

I'm thinking the next chapter will be the last of this story. I'll think about a sequel if enough people want me to.

What will you do?

A. vote

B. comment

C. fan

D. all of the above!

I love all you cupcakes!

   We ran into at least twenty guards on the way out of the building, blasting them all out of the way. When we were out of the building I ran ahead back to the cabin.

    It was completely trashed. The table and chairs were all turned over and the food was all over the floor. I gasped when I saw a picture in the middle of the floor, broken.  There's a girl in it and a boy. They were at a beach and were smiling. It made me happy just looking at it. It was the only happiness in this pile of rubble we call a house. I picked it up and put it in my pocket.

    I ran back to where they were supposed to be waiting but they weren't there. I ran back to the cabin and all I found was the rubble.

   By then I was completely worn out but I had still to find them. I set myself into a mind faze and automatically see them. They were two miles away and it looked like they were running. I stood up out of my mind faze and started running. I was close, closer, closer. I broke through the trees and stared at them. They looked horrible but I guess I must have looked pretty bad myself. "Hey, guys" I said just before running out of energy and going into my state again.

   I watched the image of my body fill the blackness. Then I saw the stream of red going into my body. The red was the energy going into my body and I couldn't get out of this state until my body was completely full. I could still somehow see what was happening out side. They had all ran over to me and Jeff picked me up in his arms. "Aliss?...Aliss?" I wanted to talk to him so bad. See why he was running away from the place I had left them. Then four guards burst out of the trees, "Stay where you are!" they shouted.  One of them laughed when they saw me. "Tell you what. I'll make you a deal. All we want is the girl so give her to us and you can all go. We won't hunt you anymore." Jeff looked down at me. He glared at the men. "Absolutely not. I'd rather die."

"That can be arranged." He raised the gun. "I think we'll kill her first though." Then I saw Drey step in front of us. "Don't you dare."

"And what will you do about it? You have no powers."

Drey smiled. "You sure?" his teeth sharpened and his fingers morphed into claws. Black hair sprouted from all over his body and he grew. He was at least twenty feet tall and black as midnight. He was a wolf. A very big wolf. He let out a growl that turned my blood cold. He growled at the now terrified men. They turned and ran off, leaving their guns behind. Drey turned human again and picked up their guns. His clothes were torn and he was breathing hard. "Let's go back to the cabin. We should do something for Aliss." My vision clouded and all I could see was my body with a little red line of energy slowly filling it up.

   Finally. I watched as the last of the red went into my body and finally filling it up. I opened my eyes to see Drey and chase playing cards on the bed and Jeff sitting in a chair next to my bed staring out the window. "You should have handed me over to them. You wouldn't be in danger every second."

He looked down at me. "Hey I'm glad you're awake. It wasn't a mistake to fight them. We found Dreys power."

"Hey she's awake! Great! I'll tell you about my power if you're still interested." Said Drey

"Of course. Tell away."

   "Ok well as you saw I can turn into a wolf...thing. I discovered it long ago but I didn't know how I made it initiate.

    It happened when I was little, probably seven years old. I was living at my family's farm in Oklahoma when my favorite dog was attacked by wolves. I saw it happening and I ran at the wolves trying to get them off him.

   They killed him and bit me. That's when it happened. My body grew and hair sprouted all over me. I howled without even knowing what I was doing and it scared them away. I turned human again and I was scared.

   My clothes were torn and when I went back into the house and told my mom she turned me over to these guys.       

   They kept me locked up in a cell for years. Then they brought Chase in. He was screaming and crying so I tried to comfort him. He never really trusted me until we tried to escape once.

   We were caught and whipped for three hours straight. Chase would touch my hand from time to time and heal me. I never told him about my power just because I thought he wouldn't believe me.

    We lived in that cell for three more years until you came along.

   Oh and again Aliss, I'm really sorry for my behavior. I hadn't seen a girl in years.

   I guess the wolf transformation thing happens when my friends are being attacked or hurt. I wish I could do it whenever I want.

   But there you go that's my story. That's what you wanted to know." He looked at Chase. "I'm sorry I kept it from you. It probably would have helped sometimes."

Everyone was silent, thinking. Drey was looking at us to see our reactions. "Well." I said "That's definitely an original power. You're a warewolf...thing." I smiled

"Thanks, I think. Do you guys think they'll find us here? I do NOT want to go back there."  

   "They will find us eventually." Said Mr. Trey, walking in.

"Oh. I forgot. I found this when I ran back here." I pulled the picture out of my pocket. Jeff gasped and took it from me. "Oh." Was all he said.

"Jeff, who are they?" I asked

He sighed. "They were my best friends. Sadie and John. They were taken along with me when I was brought here. The men realized they didn't have powers and fed them to this monster. It was terrible. Their screams still keep me awake at night. I just wish... nevermind. But that was the past. I have new friends now. You all are the best friends ever."

I was smiling when he finished."That's very sweet, Jeffy. It's too bad they had to..." I swallowed the next part of my sentence, not wanting to upset him.

"It's alright Aliss. Like I said that was the past. Now I have you guys."

Just then there was a big explosion outside.

"They're here." It was time to fight. Unfortunately for me I wasn't going to come out of this one unscarred.

Vote, comment, fan! I hope you all like this chappie and sorry its so short! :-D

Run to him!