It's Going To Be Worth It

I'm Not Telling You It's Going To Be Easy, I'm Telling You It's Going To Be Worth It

Easy, what is easy? Life isn't easy, happiness isn't easy, but is depression easy either? No, not really. So we definitely know 'it' (whatever 'it' is) isn't easy, so when does it become worth it? Does it look worth it before? During? After? I think the answer to all of these is yes.

Before you start 'life' (let's say 18, when you start all of your difficulties of an adult and living on your own.) it probably looks easy, you live on your own, that's slightly different, but you can handle it, if you want, get a roommate.

During life, that's when it gets difficult, all of those things your parents made look easy,
bills, rent, jobs, college, etc. and you realize, life isn't easy, this isn't what I wanted. Why didn't anyone prepare me for this?

My honest answer, because life sucks.

But there are things you can do, spending time with the people you care about, working slightly harder earlier, so you don't have to later. Ask for help with things, would you rather a possible slight embarrassment or a high check of depression? I know what I would pick, I don't want more depression thank you very much.

The harder you work, the better it pays off.

Is happiness easy? It definitely seems so at the time, but does it look like it before you're happy, or sometimes after? No, not always. And who is to say happiness is easy at the time ether?

There is one memory that I can't stop laughing at, my parents and I were on vacation, and my mom gets into her car, and drops her phone in a gutter. Her phone, in a sewer pipe. Wasn't very funny at the time, but flippin hilarious now whenever we think about it.

So no, happiness isn't easy, and sometimes you need to remember it to see it, but happiness is always there, you just have to find it.

Depression, is that easy? No no no. It is not easy and it never will be. But depression is usually worth it, I can see that even if I don't like it. Depression gives you insight, it makes you think differently then before, and it helps you see it from other's view. So is it worth it? Yes. Is it easy? No.

What things have you guys done that wasn't easy, but definitely worth it?

This quote was said by Arthur L. "Art" Williams Jr.