17: Friends Can Hug

"Actually, it's my fault. I should have looked where.....I was....running," I say, biting my lip and somehow finding his eyes extremely fascinating. He doesn't answer to this. He just stares at me. Right into my eyes. He licked his lips as his eyes glanced from my eyes to my mouth. I was sure he was about to kiss me. He had to have been about to lean in, right? But, no. Not with Luke around.

"I just killed you, sorry," Luke says, touching my foot with his hand. He glared at Harry who quickly rolled off of me and stood up, brushing the dirt from his clothes and stumbling a few feet's distance from me. "Sorry, was I interrupting something?" Luke asks. He didn't sound the least bit sorry, though.

"No. Not at all," I say before Harry could get a word in. "So, um, I guess it's just Luke and Niall?" I say, standing up myself now.

"What about me?" Harry asks, confused.

"Yeah, see, you were kind of my victim, and when I ran into you I accidentally assassinated you," I explain, shrugging. He nods.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

Awkward.

"Okay, well I'm gonna go find that little blond freak," Luke says, irritated for some reason.

"His name is Niall, and he's not a freak," I snap. He rolls his eyes.

"Whatever. Later, fuckbuds." He jogs off, and I ball up my fists in anger. 

"Come on, let’s go back to the house," Harry says softly, walking out of the forest. I sigh, trying to calm myself down, and follow him. That had to be the fastest game of assassin I've ever played. 

When we reached the house everyone was hanging out in the kitchen. I noticed Meg and Drew holding hands, making me smile. She noticed me see this so I raised my eyebrows, grinning. She blushed and looked away. She better explain everything later. 

"Who else is left?" Liam asks, taking a bite of watermelon.