N i n e

​——————————

——————————

Hoseok

Mara and I have decided to ditch the stupid bonfire and simply take a walk. Well, we decided that after we were forced to leave the area and detach Mara from pulling off Harper's scalp.

I will most likely never see Harper or any other female around me as long as Mara is in my life. I'm not upset at all about that though. I'm practically wrapped around her pinky at this point so what's the sense of having another female.

I rather have her instead.

We made sure to text our roommates to tell them we left. I decided to text Jin seeing that Jimin wasn't answering his phone and Taehyung only replied to my text saying:

Got it dude (◕▿◕✿)👊

I can only assume he's color coordinating his socks or he's knitting sweaters for us. The walk with Mara is more private and in every way calming. We really seem to enjoy each other's company and slowly but surely I'm getting to know her.

She was raised in her hometown where everyone was considered family. They were always lively and fought for each other even when they didn't have much but they ultimately had each other.

"Jacey is the baby of the family but she's always looking out for the older ones. I wouldn't be surprised if she became president one day, running shit and bossing everyone around."

I laugh at that as we walk down the pathway of the college park. The dim lights along the path were still bright enough for me to see her beautiful face as she continued to speak.

I have the urge to touch her beauty mark and just snuggle up next to her chubby cheeks. They glow every time she smiles and then her dimple shows only making her adorable.

"My older sister, Lucy would have loved Jacey. She's just as bossy as she is with the same smug attitude."

"Does your sister not visit?" I ask. The smile on her face slowly falters and my heart suddenly panics. Mara gulps and looks down with a frown on her face. "My sister passed away when I was younger." It's when her lips quiver that I pull her closer to my side.

"I'm so sorry. If I knew I wouldn't have said anything." Mara sniffles as she shakes her head. "Well, you didn't so it's fine." I can still see the tears in her eyes and it stings my heart so much. I slow down for a second, almost stopping. She notices and slows down along with me.

We both stop and look up at each other with the back of my hand softly grazing her cheek. Her skin is so soft and warm. The wind blows and her hair flows along with it. Her face turns red when I smile. I pull back a few hair strands from her face.