Chapter One

Chapter One

I walked through the door of the new school I was going to attend. It was called WickSherd High School. Everyone at that school already received their future jobs and had already started their last year of training. I started my training when I was four. They saw me or my future duty to this world was to be a respectable man's thief. The duty or job of being thief was a rare occasion. Only wealthy people had a thief.

A thief was a high rank in Sharen,Mitsazo. It was also a high rank in most places in Atniaza. I was the few of the lucky ones to have the ability to qualify for the rank of thief. My parents died when I was born or right after I was born. My mother died of giving birth and father died of suicide. He fell into depression when I was 2 and just couldn't take it. I was sent to an orphanage called Silence. It wasn't the best but it was cool.

I was later adopted when I was 3. My new family was an isolated rich man named Marcus. He saw my talent or at least in the Beginning. I wasn't allowed to be enrolled into school. In Mitsazo around the state the rules for applying or enrolling children in the school was the age limit had to be 5. So to make sure I was ready to take my test in first grade and then know what I was destined to be. Marcus signed me up for gymnastics. I questioned it but went along and tried to master all the moves that started simply but then got harder.

I was able to master gymnastics that were simply with 6 months. The moves that were learned later turned and became harder but I learned and never failed. After my first month in school I had a full schedule. I went to school had an hour to do my homework then I was going to gymnastics for about 3 hours and then self defense for about 3 hours then I went home did another hour of homework and then dinner and an hour of practice for piano and then to bed so I went to bed at around maybe 9-10:00 PM.

I never minded since I was grateful for Marcus. He was my angel when I was in need and so forth. I was up for anything he threw at me. He sometimes threw extra homework and practice and other stuff but I was fine with it. He was my angel.Or at least that was how I saw what Marcus was to me apart from my adoptive father. I was supposed to be isolated so when he asked me about friends I had none. I wasn't allowed to. But I knew why I wasn't. I knew that people sooner or later would bring me down and attachment had everything to do with that being my weakness.

And possessing the job of Thief, having weakness could get or earn me disgrace. Disgrace was not something that I could earn for Marcus. Marcus was a man of respect and bringing disgrace to him would be painful to me. My attachment to Marcus was sure to get into my job but I would do what ever it takes to make Marcus proud and not regret the child he chose.

The schedule never changed. It was always advancing and becoming lethal and deadly. I wasn't sure if I would ever acquire killing anyone but I was sure that they wouldn't waste time for my future to try to train me for something I might not even need. When time came to take the test in first grade I replied honestly and answered even the most private questions. I later found out I would be assigned as a thief for a man. I wasn't sure of the name because the memory was blurry. The name sounded like Jared. I always tried to recall the memory but never could.

Every year the same test was handed out and the same result I always got. I got thief. Thief. I never knew who. Or for who I would give my loyalty and faith. So six years later I'm at WickSherd High School. This is the school I was to finish my last year of training and receive my master finally.  I'm sorry I forgot to introduce my self. My name is Caroline Alice West. I probably haven't even talked about how specific beings in Atniaza have a special ability. Almost like a talent but not quite.

My ability is shape shifter. But not as in animal shifter but as in object shifter. My first shift was when I was five and running in the woods. A white giant wolf came to me and sat down beside me. I named Margret. Margret was there as the pain shot threw me  and stared at me as if she wished she could help. The heat burned me and the aligning of bones shifted to a wolf.  No I wasn't a werewolf. A wolf was the first shape I took for in.

Margret bit my right hand and left it bleeding. The first shifting was painful the burning and the pain the moving my body. It also drained the energy and life out of me. It was always the hardest ability to posses. This ability was hard to control and almost killed you if you don't measure your time. I didn't tell Marcus the first day. I entered the forest everyday and stayed for an hour each day trying to master my ability. Some times it almost killed me but I risked it all. In at least 3 weeks I was able to hold the ability for more then a whole day.

This was because Margret helped me focus. In no time I was able to shift into shadows and trees and walls. I was an object shifter. I held the power to transform into objects by just focus. This focus was the key to obtain the ability. And for sometime I stopped wondering what else I would be able to do. I then lead to the theory that if I shifted into people I would be able to hold their ability and this so began my new journey to power....

-------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like it?

-nelly