Chapter 31.

Mond uses his extra arms to push the two younger boys against the sofa. He could tell that there is a lot of emotions going through Toey's mind. "Spit it. I know you have questions." Mond looks at Toey.

"If your life expectancy is now halved, how old are you now?" Toey asks .

Mond lets out a sigh. "You're really ruining the mood you know that right."

"I'm just curious."

Mond scratches his head. "I give myself maybe about five years left?" Mond pulls back his extra arms. "Well, now you have just made this really depressing." He walks back to the sofa and throws himself onto it. "Look, the reason why I agreed to be Nammon's experimentation is because I didn't want to die like my seniors did. That's it."

Ohm and Toey is beginning to understand Mond a little bit more. They didn't even seem bothered that Mond was trying to make a move on the two of them. "Is the process painful?"'

Mond nods. "It was. The process also took about a week. There was so much pain that I forgot what pain was when I got out of that machine." Mond stares up at the ceiling as everything starts to come back into his head. "I was one of the first few that made it out alive, the others... Let's just say that they're living a free life."

"They're Gear's aren't they?" Ohm says, causing the older boy to widen his eyes.

"I guess you know about it too." Mond reaches for the syringe on the table and passes it to Ohm. "Enough of me. I'd like to know more about you."

Ohm takes the syringe from his tentacles. "I guess it is only fair." Ohm injects himself with it and Mond eyes squints as he tries to figure out what kind of Yokai Ohm is.

"You're a shrimp like Tay?" Mond asks. He could see the similar build in his Yokai with Tawan's.

Ohm shakes his head. "It's an ant."

"Hmm. Good choice. The power of strength. They can carry up to ten to fifty times their weight but I guess you already know this." Mond praises.

"But my punches will never be as strong as Tay's." Ohm scratches his head and laughs softly.

"If you know how to use your Yokai to your own strength, then you might even be better than him." Mond advises.

"Do you know anything about Sandee?" Toey changes the topic.

Mond snickers. "You wouldn't want to step on her feet. She is one scary lady. Trust me. She can put down an army if she wants to. Honestly, the only person I can count on for this mission is her. I doubt my Squad mates will be able to keep themselves alive. Heck, I don't even know if I can keep myself alive."

Mond stands up from his sofa once again. "Alright. Enough talk, now I want you guys to get out. You already ruined my mood and got me depressed after knowing how much time I have left." The two boys did as what the older boy said.

"Anyway thank you, Mond. That was a really good talk." Toey thank him.

"Yeah yeah. I'll see you when I see you." Mond shuts the door, leaving the two boys on the hallway.

"Are you really not going to bed?" Fiat asks from the bed as he sees Oaujun pacing back and forth.

"I haven't heard anything from Ohm and Toey. I can't imagine what Mond is doing to them right now." Oaujun expresses his worries. Just as he said that, his phone starts to ring. Oaujun promptly picks up his phone and lets out a sigh of relief.

From that action, Fiat could tell that it was from either Ohm or Toey. He listens to Oaujun's conversation with him and the other boy, they agreed to discuss about it tomorrow morning. Oaujun puts down the phone and throws it to the bed. "Well, from what Toey said, they seem to discover really interesting stuff."