Chapter 8 : Returning Home

Hey guys, thanks for reading my story and leaving reviews. I honestly didn't feel like writing anymore and for shits and giggles, decided to check back and was surprised by everything. So here's a new chapter for ya and there will be more to come! Thanks again.

————————————————————————

I went with Hermione and her friends to watch Potter participate in the final round of the Triwizard Tournament. It was a shit show. Hermione dragged me along and thankfully sat between Weasley and I, doing her best to prevent any drama from occurring on Potters big day. I brought some comic books I owned with me to show Hermione since the majority of the time would be sitting and waiting for the victor.

I showed her the Spider-Man comics I've been collecting since I was a child, read through every one of them with her, Hermione smirking and giving a slight giggle every time a comic featured one of my favorite villains and I would go on a tangent about why I loved their character. Weasley would make comments under his breath about how the pictures wouldn't move and my fascination was nothing but a silly child fantasy. Hermione would rub my arm as she saw my struggle not to crinkle the edges of the pristine comics.

"I think they're wonderful." She would say, earning a smug grin from me that was instantly targeted towards the red head. "So, what's this one about?" She pointed to a red cover.

"This one is maximum carnage. It actually came out this year." Hermione continued eyeing me as I smiled softly. "This one features Venoms offspring Carnage."

Hermione scrunched her face, thinking. "Venom was the black symbiotic thing right?"

I nodded. "And here I thought you weren't paying attention."

"Why wouldn't I be paying attention?"

I shrugged. "Perhaps you just like the soothing sounds of my voice?" I joked as Weasley groaned next to us. I shook my head continuing. "Anyways, this one is where Carnage wages this huge symbiotic war in Manhattan and Spider Man and Venom have to team up to take him down. Along with some others. It's was super cool when I first read it."

Hermione smiled as she leaned closer to look at the pages as I turned through them gently. "Others?"

"Yeah." I pointed to each one as they made an appearance. "You've got Captain America, Black Cat, Morbius, Cloak and Dagger, Nightwatch..."

Weasley huffed next to Hermione as he leaned back against the stands. "Oh give me a break."

I glared at him as I wanted to Stupefy him where he sat. Hermione smacked him across the arm for me which made my annoyance simmer a tiny bit but I still wanted to hex him.

Hermione nudged me. "Don't listen to him. He's just being a prat." She eyed him as the words left his lips as Weasley simply shrugged.

Ginny, who was sitting on the seats behind us, leaned forward. "I think these are pretty cool. It would be cooler if they moved tough, but I'm sure you can find some enchantment for that."

I shrugged as I looked down the stands to see Draco and Pansy staring our way. I sulked downwards a bit before Hermione looked over to where my eyes had wandered and back to me. She scooted closer to me which I failed to notice.

"You know, you can always go sit with them if you want?" Hermione inquired as I shook my head.

"It's alright, I like where I'm sitting right now."

She hummed before eyeing the comics once more as if looking for a distraction. Her eyes rose to stare at the side of my head as I ignored her. She always seemed to go into this trance of staring at me like she was trying to read me. Luckily for her, my thoughts were locked down tight.