OS - A start!

This scene takes place after Dayawantu was arrested and AvNeil return to Khanna Mansion.

.....

Neil is confused. He's happy that Avni finally got the justice she deserved but sad that this might lead to the end of their journey together.

Coming back home he found Avni sitting in the sofa of the room in deep thoughts. She didn't even acknowledge his presence.
Sitting next to her, he smiled at her.

"What happened, Avni?"

Looking up Avni saw Neil having a heart warming smile on his face and decided to open up. He has supported her.
In a short time, he has become the most important person in her life.

"All my life I've been seeking justice, now that I've finally got it, I don't know how to react."

"Not everything requires a reaction, sometimes we just have to let it go." Neil said calmly. This man never ceases to amaze her.

"Do you think I'll ever be able to lead a normal life?"

"I don't know what the future holds. But one thing that I can assure you is that you will also have me beside you."
Getting no reply from Avni, Neil realised what he said and decided to cover up by saying, "If you wish to have me, ofcourse."

"Oh" was all she said.

Hoping that she reciprocates the feelings, Neil expected a better reaction from her but this was not the reaction he expected. His face sank.

She finally reacted. Finally. "Wait, you mean you want to give this relationship a try? You mean this husband-wife relationship?" He didn't miss the suprised look on her face and just couldn't stop smiling.

"My tubelight wifey. Ofcourse I meant that"

She was blusing heavily and he just couldn't smiling.

"You think it will work out?"

"Why not?". He knew she'll have a lot of similar doubts in her mind but he decided to take one step at a time.

"You sure? I'm going to be a demanding wife."

"And I'm going to be your ghulam. Damn, look at me, The ACP Neil Khanna. Trying to woo my wife."

"Neil, marungi mein tumhe."

"Acha ji?".

And just like that they knew that this was a new beginning for them. As a married couple. And they are going to embrance every minute of it.

"Ummm, Avni.. can we.. can we sharethe bed?", Neil said in one go. He didn't want to rush the relationship but he couldn't wait either.

"Ohhhhh."

"If you are not comfortable, then fine."

"No it's not that. I keep tossing and turning in sleep.", said Avni, embarrassment clearly written on her face.

"Then you can use me as your personal pillow."

"Besharam. Such a flirt you are. Come on, let's sleep. Good night!"

"Correction.. Let's cuddle and good night"

Indeed this was a beautiful start to their relationship. A new beginning!