Just Your Friends

Wad's POV

Another envelope is sitting on my table in our dorm. It was handed to me by the security guard, who only shook his head when I asked if he knew who delivered it. He said it was on his desk when he came back from lunch. I am so tired of this. Isn't it enough to have survived all the shit P'Dean put me through? Why the hell does this crap happen to me? If they think this will make me not testify against that ass, they are sadly mistaken.

"Wad," Prem calls, walking in, "The guys want to go out. Do you want to..." He trails off when he spots the letter. "Another one?" I nod, watching Prem trying to control his anger.

"You can go," I sigh, "I am not in the mood tonight. Besides, when was the last time you went out with just your friends?" Pulling off my shirt, I pick up a towel. "With everyone having boyfriends, it is hard for you guys to hang out like you used to."

"Are you sure?" Prem asks, tugging on his bottom lip, "I mean... the letter?"

"Prem, this makes what? The eighteenth, I think?" I shrug, "The shock factor is over. It is equivalent to junk mail now." I pick up the envelope and drop it in the trash. "So go. Have fun, and don't worry."

Prem leans down, taking the letter from the trash, "This is not junk mail. It is a threat against you. Against us."

"And I am tired of living a half-life because of some maniac!" I shout, "First, P'Dean... No, my father! First, I lived to please him, but he still abandoned me. Then, there was P'Dean who fvcked my life." I grab the letter from him, "Now I have some freaking madman who is not only threatening me but everyone I know and love!" I tear the envelope in half. "I don't care what these say! I am not going to hide anymore! I am done!"

"Wad?" Prem says concern in his voice.

"I am fine," I smile back at him. I am shocked by how true that statement is. I remember how hollow those words once sounded, but now they ring true. "I am fine." I walk over, wrapping my arms around him. "You help me be fine."

"I still worry," Prem sighs against my hair as he strokes it. "I don't want to lose you."

"Who said you are going to lose me?" I chuckle, "You are the one who goes on about always." I pull back, holding up my bracelet. "Do you think I wouldn't hold you to that?"

"I was banking on it," Prem tells me, holding up the wrist with his matching bracelet. I grab his collar pulling him close so I can capture his lips. It is a slow kiss. We take our time exploring each other's mouths. I smile, tasting the coffee he must have had before he came back. I feel his hands on my bare back and shiver when he runs the tips of his fingers up my spine. We break apart when his phone sounds.

"I don't want to go," Prem whines, resting his forehead against mine. I laugh.

"Go," I push him away, "I like your friends, and I am glad that they have stood by us. That means a lot to me. So go have fun." I pick up the towel I dropped while we were kissing. "Since the boyfriends are occupied, I will call up my friends."

"Are you sure?" Prem asks with a pout.

"Positive," I say at the same time, his phone gets spammed. "Go before..." There is a pounding on the door, "They come here." I finish grabbing my shirt, slipping it back on.

"Prem!" P'Arthit shouts through the door, "Stop making out with your boyfriend and get your ass out here!"

"I am not making out with my boyfriend!" Prem yells over his shoulder. "I am coming!" He looks at me and sighs. "I still don't want to go."

"Go," I repeat, pushing him to the door, "I will see you when you come home." I pull open the door and shove my boyfriend out the door, "Take him, P's." I tell my seniors. I go to close the door but stop, "If he comes back drunk, I will hunt you down and make you pay."