Chapter 67 - Back to reality

Beginne am Anfang

He sighs before grabbing a shirt off your bed and giving it to you.

Derick: Wear it quickly and let's go, don't want to meet your girlfriend after so long with bandages around your chest, the scar all over your right arm though...another story.

You slightly strain your right arm while putting the shirt on, grab your bat and head out. As Derick leads you through the large community you can't help it feel anxious, did that dream show you what will happen or will it stay a dream. After some more walking the armory finally comes into sight and you can see two people, one is Clem with her back turned to you talking with another who's wearing an orange beanie. You stop walking for now.

Derick: There's your girlfriend and Gabe, the biggest idiot in the New frontier.

He puts his hand on your shoulder.

Derick: Of course you're right next to him.

You: Very funny.

You say sarcastically while removing his hand from your shoulder.

You: Lets wait until they're done, don't wanna be rude.

Derick: Well you and your little morals can stay here, I'm going...

He goes silent as the two of you stare in disbelief as Gabe leans over to kiss Clem. With Clem directly in front of you, all you can do is assume the worst and with your heart shattering to pieces you walk away.

Derick: Hey where are you going, you're missing the show.

He says with a smile on his face. As you keep going he walks up to you.

Derick: Honestly you could've waited until tomorrow, that way you wouldn't have seen that.

He says trying to hold back his laughter.

You: Shut..it.

Derick: Alright then keep walking I'll coke find you and update you on how far they've gone.

He turns back and walks over to them. You carry on walking on your own, your blood boiling with rage but your heart overcome by sadness. You make it to a bench and sit down, you try your hardest but the tears stream down your face. You try to wipe away the tears you notice that the finger you cut earlier has healed reminding you of the dream.

You: Stupid antidote...I would've prefered to stay in that dream. At least...at least I didn't get to see that.

You bury your head in your hands and sit in silence for a while before hearing footsteps approach you and soon after stop at your feet.

Ashley: Y/N...is that you.

She asks with concern in her voice.

You: What do you want.

You respond in an annoyed tone.

Ashley: I went to check you in your room but you weren't there. Are you okay.

You: That doesn't matter.

Ashley: Y/N...You aren't yourself. What happened to you.

You: I said it doesn't matter.

Ashley: You're my friend of course it matters.

Getting more annoyed by the second you finally respond.

You: EVERYTHING IS JUST...FUCKED.

Ashley: What.

You lift your head from your hands and look her in the eyes.

You: You wanted to know how I feel right, I feel like shit.

Her expression changes from concerned to afraid as she look at you. Before she can respond you get up and walk away from her. She calls out to you but you keep walking and eventually make it to your house. You get in and grab the bat.

You: Right now I can't be asked to be around anyone but they'll probably come straight here.

You decide to get out of the house and take a walk, after a long while you walk past a house. Passing by a window you stop when noticing something, your eyes have changed to dark blue and your veins are visible on your arms, neck and a few on your face.

You: Probably something with the antidote.

You spit out some blood and keep on walking, the more you go the more your grip tightens on the bat as the urge to kill someone gets intensifies. You make your way back to the bench Ashley found you in and lay on your back. Remembering what Gabe and...Clem did saddens you more as your anger dissipates and you feel your veins regress back into your skin. You try to sleep, hopefully you won't wake up this time.