Getting a Proper Amount of Sleep for School ~ Jules

Sleep is important! Without it, your immune system won't be able to work as well and you won't be able to function. Here's some tips for how to fall asleep and get a proper amount of sleep.

1) Time management is key. Although there will be some days where you get boatloads of homework, other days might not be that bad. If you find out of work due the following week, do it during the weekend and if you have a night with not a lot of homework, do some for the following days so that you won't end up going to sleep at 3am one day.

2) An extra hour of sleep is sometimes worth more than an extra amount of studying. If it's three in the morning and you're just starting to study 50 vocab terms for your chemistry quiz the next day, chances are you won't remember a thing and you'll fall asleep in the middle of the test. Review the words once and go to sleep and study in the morning instead of cramming for the next four hours.

3) Don't become reliant on coffee! If you drink coffee every day, you'll start not being able to function without it and then you'll be extremely tired on days you don't have it. Save coffee for extreme cases such as late night study sessions.

4) Do online homework first, and paper homework last. The blue light from the screen will interfere with your sleep so it's better if you get it out of the way early.

5) Eat a good breakfast! Not only will you have a full stomach, but you'll have energy from the food you ate!